Questionnaire about a ski/snowboard device

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jammyjimjam7 10 Jan 2021

Hi all,

This is a link to a questionnaire about a poential skiing device:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJMWgW1Jon9ySF_bOO9hv4_2w26bEcHfn...

I would greatly appricate anyone who fills it out.

Cheers

Doug 10 Jan 2021
In reply to jammyjimjam7:

think I need a bit more info before I could answer your questions. For example how would I tell it which piste I want to ski down &  how would I get the info for a particular resort into the gadget

Shani 10 Jan 2021

> Hi all,

> This is a link to a questionnaire about a poential skiing device:

> I would greatly appricate anyone who fills it out.

> Cheers

I think the new Apple AR Glass and Google Glass will replace all handheld devices eventually (and earphones), maybe removing most monitors.

A lightweight headset with augmented reality, and an API that allows customisation, is the way forward.

tlouth7 12 Jan 2021

The biggest challenge I foresee is going to be the user input. How do you easily tell this device which way you want to go? Remember you will have gloves on so dexterity is minimal.

Also are piste maps available in a machine readable format?

Dark-Cloud 12 Jan 2021

Sorry but it looks like a solution looking for a problem to me.

There is already GPS goggles out there with full displays and HUD types but not piste maps, I would have thought leveraging existing technology would be easier than coming up with a new device.

Also after the first few days in a resort you don't really need a piste map, if you do get lost there is good signage in resort if you need to navigate your way back down or to another lift.

Also just to engage UKC spelling pedant mode as nobody else has so far it is 'potential' and 'appreciate'

Post edited at 10:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...