Pentlands powder 22/01/13

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Mackenzie 22 Jan 2013
Just had the pleasure of commuting to work over the pentlands on my splitty.

snow conditions are variable, most of the skin up Allermuir was on nice filled in paths but the slopes eiether side were patchy. West and N West facing slopes had nice stashes and descending Allermuir towards boghall i could link some drifts with thinly covered grass. i then went onto Woodhouselee hill and descended the trees in lovely powder, shame about the new fences otherwise this would be a really good run!

Low down seemed to have better snow, my bets would be on good snow on the west side of scaldlaw, or anywhere off the flotterstone ridge above the reservoirs would be in good shape. all tracks have good cover
hmac84 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Neil Mackenzie:

Thanks for the update. I'm considering heading out this evening by headtorch. From watching the rain radar it seems like the Pentlands missed the best of it. Lammermuirs appear to have caught a lot but access may be tricky out there.
In reply to hmac84:

Lammermuirs and moorfoots may be better - always worth a try! let me know how it goes
cheers!
 rnotman67 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Neil Mackenzie: plenty of snow around the lammermuirs!! Massive drifts over soutra and over towards duns. Access could be questionable as some of the gifford roads still closed.
 NottsRich 23 Jan 2013
In reply to Neil Mackenzie: Thanks for the tip-off. I had my first taste of XC skiing last night and loved it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...