PCR requirement for Austria

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Looks like the requirement to have a valid 48 hour PCR for entry  into Austria has been lifted for people with 2 jabs and a booster / proof of recovery from 24 Jan.  30 Jan should see the need for the LFT on entry back to UK lifted too.  Happy days.

acrkirby 21 Jan 2022
In reply to restless native:

thank you very much, i was not aware of this and had just started booking an emergency pcr at obscene cost

Darron 21 Jan 2022

Off to Austria tomorrow. I was positive early Nov so was nervous re PCR yesterday (within 90 days). Fortunately I was negative.

My friend, however, was positive. He had Covid in mid Dec so well  within the 90 days. He has had to cancel even though he does not have Covid. If we were going Monday he could go.

Now that’s a bugger😞.

Xharlie 24 Jan 2022

Top tip: carry ID if you don't want to parch.

I was in Kleinwalsertal, yesterday, and had to trudge back to the car to fetch mine because, despite having my vaccination certificate on me, the watering hole wouldn't let me in without ID along with it -- if the plod comes along to have a look-see, apparently, they'll be wanting to see vaccination certificates WITH ID.

I never carry ID on the hill and, for some reason, I still didn't, yesterday, even though I *did* remember my vaccine certificate. I'd even printed that on actual paper because my phone is another thing I don't generally carry on the hill -- phone and wallet generally live in my car unless I'm going up something extreme or on my own.

ianstevens 24 Jan 2022
In reply to Xharlie:

Yeah this is a pretty standard requirement in EU countries with coronapasses - they want to see you actually are the person who has the pass.

In reply to ianstevens:

Photo Id such as a driving licence plus proof of vaccination is needed pretty much everywhere in Austria at the moment as well as FFP2 masks. Small price to pay though, I have a week in Fieberbrunn followed by a week in Dorfgastein coming up in Feb, can’t wait ⛷ 🍔🍺🏔

Heike 26 Jan 2022

Does that apply to teenagers aged  12 and over as well? My son has had his two jabs and I had three, but there are no boosters for 12 year olds available...

Any info greatly appreciated

In reply to Heike:

Hi,

Here is a link below that should clear things up for you.  There is info there regarding the ninja pass for teens too.

If you have a look on www.snowheads.com and have a look on the resort reviews and trip report section there is thread in there entitled “what is the current situation regarding travel to Austria”.  It is a huge thread now but look in the last few pages, there is lots of good info regarding travel with kids.  Sorry I can’t be of more help but I don’t have kids myself so have not been keeping up with entry requirements for them. Happy reading,

Andy.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry...

Heike 26 Jan 2022

It still sounds like a nightmare to travel with children over 12...but many thanks for the link, quite insightful.

Darron 29 Jan 2022

Just back from Saalbach. Great snow!

Covid passes were needed in some bars, not others. Photo Id never needed. Most cable cars required masks. Chairs usually didn’t but some did.

AlanLittle 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Darron:

In principle masks are required on all lifts, but enforcement seems to be pretty relaxed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...