Glenmore Lodge phone signal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 24 Dec 2017
Hi

Considering Glenmore Lodge discover off piste course in Feb. They are shut for holidays now, although does anyone know if they have a good phone signal in the accomadation

Thanks
 jezb1 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

It’s pretty pish, as is their WiFi. Great setup there otherwise
 Fiona Reid 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:
You can definitely get a signal (EE anyways) by sitting outside - basically anywhere facing the Cairngorms should work but inside the building you'll struggle. The veranda accessible from the bar seems to be a good place to pick up a signal or in the car park round the back. They do have WiFi but it's not very fast.
Post edited at 12:47
OP llanberis36 24 Dec 2017
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Great, thanks for your replies
OP llanberis36 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

Thanks

Do we know if Aviemore is any better
 AdrianC 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

Aviemore's normally fine.
craigloon 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

Alway get full bars 4G signal in Aviemore on Vodafone.
 A Reid 24 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

Mobile phone signal at Glenmore Lodge has got much better in the last year. No longer need to walk to the top of the dry ski slope
 AlH 25 Dec 2017
In reply to llanberis36:

As others have said it is poor but improving annually and the bar verandah, beside the skiers' office building, the windows in the dining room and in the car park near the SAIS offices often give a bar or two. If you have a car less than 5 minutes drive back towatds Loch Morlich sees you back into 3G land for most providers.
 Neil Anderson 12 Jan 2018
In reply to AlH:

To get reception I was driving down the road 20 years ago to when a regular glenmore lodge/yha visitor . Shocking if you are listening mobile phone co’s that it’s not improved that much all these years later. 

george mc 20 Jan 2018
In reply to llanberis36:

I get 4G at the Lodge - carpark the back of MTS/SAIS/SMR offices. I'm with O2.

Rich W Parker 20 Jan 2018
In reply to george mc:

I got a glimse of 4G in Ben the Hoose the other week!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...