Experiences with arc'teryx procline ski boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bogpetre 07 Jul 2017
Was wondering if anybody has had the chance to try out some climbing with the arc'teryx procline boots. Lots of comments online on their skiing ability, but few people commenting on how suitable they are for climbing. I'm especially interested in hearing about how warm they are (e.g. compared to a double boot like the Scarpa Phantom 6000s), and if people have experimented at all with different liners. I'm looking for a boot for winter climbing in Chamonix, and wondering if this is the one.

Also, for anybody who has owned a pair, did you have any issues with boot fitting given all the climbing specific features like the gaitor and rubber toecap?
In reply to bogpetre:

Wrt to the fit, they are low volume in all aspects. They come up about half a size short in length (a 26 is actually a 25 and a bit). The have a fairly low profile, so the top of my foot, with all the blood flow, was proper tight up against the ceiling of the boot. And they are probably about 99mm last where it matters. Not sure what last they advertise, but that's what I recon. As for blowing out or shaving off. I wouldn't, they are very lightweight material with not much to spare. No custom fitter shop would touch them.
I've not climbed in them.
 wbo 08 Jul 2017
In reply to bogpetre:
What he says. A friend uses them so they take a Petzl lynx , but he hasnt climbed much in them. I can't even get them on - way too narrow, and if you have leg muscle, forget it. I wear scarpa for reference
Phil Ev 18 Jul 2017
In reply to bogpetre:

They are low volume but they have a good snug fit and can easily be stretched by people who know what they are doing though the rubber toe cap presents a bit of a complication with heat (boiling water rather than heat guns).

I can't comment on warmth and this will be affected by how tight they are on you.

Hope this helps.

Phil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...