Driving from Italy to France - Covid checks?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Max factor 16 Jan 2022

Does anyone know if there are border check for Covid status driving from Italy to France and vice versa please? Can't find the relative info, only UK >Italy or UK to France. 

We'll be double jabbed, PCR tested in advance of travel and wil fil in the relevant location forms. 

Thanks

Post edited at 20:52
 John Ww 16 Jan 2022
In reply to Max factor:

If it’s any help, we drove from Germany to France yesterday, zero checks, borders deserted.

OP Max factor 17 Jan 2022
In reply to John Ww:

That's a help, thanks. Turin to Briancon route is not not usually subject to checks, I'm hopeful it will be fine.

jcw 17 Jan 2022
In reply to John Ww:

Where did you cross the border?

ianstevens 17 Jan 2022
In reply to Max factor:

shorturl.at/iIS15

All the info here

John Ww 17 Jan 2022
In reply to jcw:

Geneva.

jcw 17 Jan 2022
In reply to John Ww:

Ah, thank you That is what wanted to know, via Switzerland

Kimberley 17 Jan 2022
In reply to Max factor:

Visit https://reopen.europa.eu/en and enter your journey.

CPH 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Kimberley:

From my reading of this website:

re. covid tests: need one to enter Italy from France, but not to enter France from Italy.

Have I read this correctly?

And does all this apply to UK citizens who have driven from the UK (and are then returning)?

Kimberley 18 Jan 2022
In reply to CPH:

I would agree with that interpretation.

The requirements within Europe depends how long you have been there, not your nationality. So eg if you had been in France for 2wks the fact you originally travelled from the UK is irrelevant.

There are also different rules if you are transiting a country, and these can be found by using the same website and using the transit function eg start UK (rest of world) add France as transit and destination Italy and vice versa.

CPH 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Kimberley:

Thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...