Cracking winter ahead ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 27 Sep 2022

Didn’t know which forum to post this in but wanted to beat the daily storm trooper to it . I ve been seeing lots of wildlife down low , deer , red squirrels , a badger yesterday just after dawn . I’m servicing the skis , ordering the two new winter tyres I need  and getting excited . 

In reply to mike123:

Think most people are praying for a warm, damp winter TBH

ianstevens 27 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

> I’m servicing the skis , ordering the two new winter tyres I need  and getting excited . 

Way to jinx it

ExiledScot 27 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

I usually wait for the Daily Express to predict worst winter in 50 years before I start waxing. 

DaveHK 27 Sep 2022
In reply to ExiledScot:

> I usually wait for the Daily Express to predict worst winter in 50 years before I start waxing. 

Does your bikini see a lot of use in the winter?

Toerag 27 Sep 2022
In reply to ExiledScot:

> I usually wait for the Daily Express to predict worst winter in 50 years before I start waxing. 

Don't they do that every other week, with the week between being a prediction for the hottest summer ever?

Toerag 27 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

I think there's a precedent for 'bad' winters to follow good summers isn't there? '76 and '86 being cases in point?

ExiledScot 27 Sep 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

> Does your bikini see a lot of use in the winter?

Perfect for winter hot tub sessions, nothing wrong with a few spiders legs sticking out though. Does Borat ski? 

top cat 28 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

I'm out of this coming winter through injury.....so it is going to be a real humdinger of a winter.   Enjoy.  Yer bastards. )

GarethSL 28 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

Wasn't it recently reported that it will be the third year in a row with La Niña? Which as I understand from a brief google and my basic understanding of meteorology should mean cooler but stormier weather?*

*someone is welcome to correct that 

Georgert 29 Sep 2022
In reply to mike123:

Fingers firmly crossed!

Hoping to make a longer pilgrimage to the Alps early next year and praying for decent conditions. Totally missed the good snow this year by leaving it too late. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...