Alternative to Ice Trek bindings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mlt 02 Apr 2017
Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody knows of other polar style strap-in non-releasable bindings like those produced by Ice Trek? I don't have any issue with them, I'm just curious to see if there's something else out there to consider that has similar design features. I'm looking to mount this style of binding on to my 130cm approach skis, partly to cut some weight on long trips and add some versatility for boot options, but also I'm looking to use the ski for more off-trail trips through denser forest areas and having a simplified and robust binding to throw around would be extra handy.

Thanks
 TobyA 02 Apr 2017
In reply to mlt:

Never seen them before but after a quick google I've seen lot of similar things in Finland so that you can ski in all sorts of different footwear - the military winter boot is basically a welly with removable felt liners. I think the military are now using these bindings https://scandinavianoutdoor.com/kuusamon-uistin/winter-sports/back-country-...

There are various other types though as well because people have those kind of bindings both for forest skis and for trekking skates, so that basically you can use them with normal hiking boots.
OP mlt 02 Apr 2017
In reply to TobyA:

Wow, thanks for sending over that link. Very cool and certainly something to consider!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...