alpe d'huez - advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jjstonham 12 Oct 2012
Can anyone provide guidance on the best places to stay and eat, also the best way to get there? plane, train or automobile? and vice versa -places to avoid?

thanks
 davy_boy 12 Oct 2012
In reply to jjstonham: i flew easyjet to lyon last time i was there and stayed at bourg d'oisans at the bottom of the mountain lovely little town. not sure on transport as we hired a car though from the airport which could come in handy as les 2 alpes and la grave are only a short drive away
aligibb 17 Oct 2012
In reply to jjstonham:
Hotel Chamois is central, not too expenseive, friendly, has good food but can be a bit noisy once a week when they have a party in the bar below.

Vaujany is a really nice place to stay that links into the area, and if you go by car La Grave opens up if that floats your boat.
novik 14 Nov 2012
In reply to jjstonham: I flew to Grenoble then from airport transfer with http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ they good!!! Places to avoid... don't know as Im going for skiing and dont really bother anything else
alanlgm 14 Nov 2012
In reply to jjstonham:

was there 2 years ago and we stayed at the hotel petit prince, great accomodation and staffed by 90% swedish women oh yes it was a nice place to stay and it had a 2 man chair lift that you could ski to in the morning
In reply to jjstonham: I've stayed in Vaujany a couple of times and have really rated it. It links in to the Alpe D'Huez resort by a cable car.
Not much going on in the evening but if you just like beers in a bar its great. It also has a couple of restaurants and all the usual necessaries.

Jim
 Bootsy 15 Nov 2012
In reply to jjstonham: If you can't get cheap flights to Grenoble but can to Lyon then you can always jump on the Satobus (you'll need to google it since the link won't work on here for some reason) which definitely does to Bourg d'Oisans and may go as far as ADH. Even if it doesn't then you can jump on a local bus for the last leg.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...