Airport Transfer jobs, who to work for?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Harry Ellis 22 Jul 2018

Thinking of a winter in Chamonix. Anyone on here had any experiences, good or bad, working for any of the airport transfer companies?

Thanks in advance

Andy Lagan 22 Jul 2018
In reply to Harry Ellis:

Hi Harry, I would recommend CVT, Mountain Dropoffs or Chamvan. These three companies are run by good people that respect their drivers.

Chamexpress has a pretty bad reputation in town for its level of service and treatment of drivers. Some folks who have worked for them would be better to comment than me though. Chamexpress has changed ownership now, so maybe its different now.

The one thing I'd say though is that you should get you D1 drivers licence before applying for a job with any company in Chamonix. Switzerland has a strict set of criteria for who's allowed to enter the country to work (acces de marche). For transfer drivers they are required to show two years prior experience driving vans, or a professional licence (D1).

Lastly, save up a bit of cash before the winter starts, then take a part time contract so that you can have a better chance of profiting from good conditions when they arrive.

Cheers,

Andy

OP Harry Ellis 23 Jul 2018
In reply to Andy Lagan:

Cheers Andy, I'll check those out. I have a D1 and plenty of driving  experience so hopefully am fairly employable. 

Dogwatch 23 Jul 2018
In reply to Harry Ellis: Ask on Snowheads, there are several winter transfer drivers there,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...