Wow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tricadam 13 May 2018

Did anyone get this on their Strava feed? https://www.strava.com/activities/1567582810

I would pay good money to have seen drone footage of this. And would pay even more to see Finlay go toe to toe on the route with Kilian Jornet. (We'd have to let Kilian climb TR first though: too much route-finding involved for it to be fair otherwise.) Major home advantage would level the playing field. Or would it?

Roadrunner6 14 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Wow that's incredible. But I think he needs to set it as a race to show true splits. He reports 1:42 (still incredible), and that is his elapsed time, but his moving time is 1:28 so his splits are not accurate.

But still the 1:42 is just staggeringly good. I can't even run up and down the tourist path in that time.

galpinos 14 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Is Killian allowed to recover from his broken leg first?

Pretty incredible stuff from Finlay Wild. He ran past us during the last highlander and it felt like they were doing a completely different “sport”.

BusyLizzie 14 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

Via Tower Ridge???!!!??? I can't even take that in...

DaveHK 14 May 2018
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> Via Tower Ridge???!!!??? I can't even take that in...

I know it sounds amazing and Finlay is an amazing athlete but it's not actually that surprising.

It's about the same distance as the Ben race (14k round trip) but I think more of the distance will be runable going up to the CIC than the race route. It's also probably faster coming down to the NF car park as it's less rocky and there are fewer tourists to dodge. His time was about 14 or 15 mins slower than what he does the Ben race in and it's quite feasible to solo TR in 30 mins without too much rush so I suspect Finlay was up in sub 20 or even quicker. 

So there you go. Piece of cake really.

subtle 14 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

> Did anyone get this on their Strava feed? https://www.strava.com/activities/1567582810

Wow, that is very impressive!

I looked at a couple of the segments, his time for CIC hut from stile is staggering - although I bet he didn't have two pints and a fish supper in Fort William before lugging on a heavily laden rucksack full of provisions and winter climbing gear for a weekend at the CIC hut!

OP Tricadam 14 May 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

That's interesting, Dave. What's your best guess as to what time Finlay could manage it in? And do you have any evidence on which to base a guess as to Kilian's? 

DaveHK 15 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

> That's interesting, Dave. What's your best guess as to what time Finlay could manage it in? 

Not sure what you mean? We don't need to guess it's on his strava feed.

Or do you just mean the TR section?

OP Tricadam 15 May 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

What I was getting at is how much faster do you reckon he could do it, with training and in ideal conditions? And any evidence on which to estimate how Kilian might fare? 

DaveHK 16 May 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

> What I was getting at is how much faster do you reckon he could do it, with training and in ideal conditions? And any evidence on which to estimate how Kilian might fare? 

I think he's already done quite a lot of training! Impossible to say really how quick it could be done but I think a race between an in form Finlay and KJ would be something we'd all like to see. Head would say Killian, heart would say Finlay.

Don't know if they've ever gone head to head but KJ was about 35 mins quicker over the Skyline course.

Post edited at 07:10
OP Tricadam 16 May 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

> Don't know if they've ever gone head to head but KJ was about 35 mins quicker over the Skyline course.

I wonder if the shorter distance and familiarity with TR would be enough to swing it... 

OP Tricadam 12 Jul 2018
In reply to Tricadam:

To answer my own question, have just come across this Strava effort by one Kilian Jornet Burgada: https://www.strava.com/activities/1184659492/overview He needs to get training!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...