Which Products Helped With Your Injury?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dipo1 23 Nov 2021

Hey guys I’m a final year Product Design BSc student at the University of Huddersfield. 

For my major project I’m undertaking some research about sporting  injuries 

I have one question which is… What specific product/s (excluding braces) helped you with the rehab & recovery stage of your injury?

As someone who dislocated my knee any feedback on your experiences would be super appreciated. I'd genuinely love to hear your experience.

Don't worry your responses will be anonymised, excluded from my written report and only viewed by the course tutors and external examiner.

Anyone who would like a copy of the final report can contact me at: u18568@unimail.hud.ac.uk

😊

(Hopefully this in is the right thread)

Mike-W-99 23 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Single malt, imperial stout & ibuprofen.

Cures most injuries.

FactorXXX 23 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

> I have one question which is… What specific product/s (excluding braces) helped you with the rehab & recovery stage of your injury?

Is beer precise enough?
Or, do I need to specify a particular one that I found more beneficial than others?
🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺🍻😜

Fredt 23 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

My bicycle.

McHeath 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

This is not the way to gather data for a "major project", as you may have gathered from some of the responses. Maybe have a chat with your tutor. 

Nic Barber 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

I would agree with the previous responder, this is not a good way to correct data.

But in the interests of solving injury - foam roller, hockey/lacrosse ball, theraband.

tlouth7 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

I used a calendar to determine when six months had elapsed and then started training again. Specifically it was google calendar.

Previously with a knee injury I used a bottle of vegetable oil as lube for massaging myself (oo-er).

girlymonkey 24 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

> Single malt, imperial stout & ibuprofen.

> Cures most injuries.

Doesn't it cause many too?? 

AllanMac 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Superfeet high-arch footbeds (the orange coloured ones) partly helped to relieve plantar fasciitis. 

Then I realised that over-tight lacing was pressing my arches down flat into the footbed, straining the plantar fascia. What worked even more effectively for me was merely loosening the lacing on the uppers of my shoes and boots, which combined with the footbeds, seemed to cure the problem within a few days.

Doug 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

apart from whisky & ibuprofen (already noted), a pack of frozen peas

cb294 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Is this what passes as degree level research these days?

As recommended above, talk to your tutor about properly designing a questionnaire, even if this were just a middle school assignment.

In other news, tape. I could give a lecture about the use of various types for different injuries, but won't.

CB

cregwillis 24 Nov 2021
In reply to cb294:

Agree on this one. I tried tapes twice in my life and it worked very well. Combined with whisky, beer and gin&tonics you can call it "magic"

summo 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Massage (no happy finish) and drugs (legal kind).

coinneach 24 Nov 2021
In reply to summo:

Red wine and codeine

bouldery bits 24 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Rest. Patience. Discipline.

KT tape.

Bicycle. 

Surfboard.

Paddle board.

mondite 24 Nov 2021
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Doesn't it cause many too?? 

Yeah but if you are doing it right you dont remember enough to correctly assign blame.

OP dipo1 25 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

Thanks for all your responses guys!!

Also @McHeath thanks for the suggestion! We've gathered a ton of "data" already. Literature reviews, Market Reports, Ethnography's, 1-1 Interviews, Feedback form PHD Physiotherapists etc.

I know it seems silly, I know, but its a is more of a casual approach to actually getting normal "human responses" to supplement existing research. Responses are FANTASTIC and exactly what we need guys, appreciate all the comments!

Product Design is about humans (You guys) and a User-Centred approach so anything within boundaries, is valid 100%

Ps Sorry if first post might have offended anyone or interpreted with the wrong approach.

wbo2 25 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:plastercast

Mike-W-99 25 Nov 2021
In reply to mondite:

> Yeah but if you are doing it right you dont remember enough to correctly assign blame.

Precisely Anyway I wasn't being 100% serious, in reality I skip the brufen and double the whisky.

Reiver 26 Nov 2021
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Pool running belt all the way. Great rehab for all sorts of injuries. Keeps intensity up & v specific

Just about to pick it up again after pelvis fracture sadly !

Marek 26 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

> Product Design is about humans (You guys) and a User-Centred approach so anything within boundaries, is valid 100%

The trick to making any answer 'valid 100%' is to ensure that the question is '100% vague'. Unfortunately you'll find (sooner rather than later if you have your wits about you) that the answers are also '0% useful' (at least in the real world).

GDes 26 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

The thing that helps my injuries the most is people not using the word "guys" quite so much. 

Mehmet Karatay 27 Nov 2021
In reply to dipo1:

A squat rack, barbell and weight plates on the recommendation of my physio.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...