Waterproof trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Martin Penrice 17 Jan 2018

I'm looking to buy some waterproof trousers that meet FRA standard any recommendations be appreciated thanks in advance

Martin

Curry 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Martin Penrice:

I've been recommended these https://goo.gl/aXo7SR

KevinJ 17 Jan 2018

Have you looked at the Alpkit Parallax ones? good price - £60, closer fitting than most, lightweight and a small pack size.

oh and they stretch!

Wainers44 17 Jan 2018
In reply to Curry:

Thats the ones I use too (Berghaus Goretex Paclite). Just bought a new pair in the sale at Gaynor Sports Ambleside...£68...bargain!

Martin Penrice 18 Jan 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

I'm going Windermere Saturday so I'll call in have a look on my there thanks a lot guys for your help 

nniff 19 Jan 2018

Have some good karma points for not calling them 'pants'.  How I hate that term!

r0b 19 Jan 2018
In reply to KevinJ:

The Alpkit Parallax have a nice soft feel to them and I've found they keep the water out pretty well. The only thing I don't like - especially for running - is that the bottoms are quite wide and the velcro to cinch them in doesn't work that well. There are lighter trousers too if they are just going to live in your pack other than for emergencies (Inov8 do some very light ones I think)

KevinJ 19 Jan 2018
In reply to r0b:

Agreed re the weight.  it was the general fit that I liked about these.  the ankles are much better than the previous trousers I've used.  

tempted to have them taken in, but for the price and the fact that mostly stay in my pack I think I will I've with them for now.  at least until I lose a bit more weight and can comfortably get on with the inov8 ones!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...