Unexplained issue.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cappa 22 Jan 2013
I set off and set it to what I thought was a comfortable speed this was not fast just over 7mph, after five minuets i was bored, five minuets later I began to get an uncomfortable feeling in my legs as if all the muscles where tight. I carried on for another ten minuets and by this time my legs felt exhausted, I pushed on until I reached the 45 min park and stopped. My legs felt heavy as if I had been doing squats but cardio wise I was fine only just out of breath.

I’ve never experienced it before but rarely use the treadmill for anything other than hill sprints. I’ve chalked it down to a bad cadence and poor mental attitude, and shall be avoiding the treadmill in the future.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Dan
 MG 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa: Did you take off?
 Run_Ross_Run 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa:

Need longer warming up on it?

Ten mins at 6-7 mph i do. Then the pace your comfortable at.
 hokkyokusei 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa:

Do you have any French people in your ancestry?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_legs
 martinph78 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa: It's called an off day. Maybe a result of overtraining (a hard weekend in the hills perhaps?), the onset of a cold, lack of nutrition (over a day or two), or stress (mental attitude).

I have them sometimes. Used to fight through but now realise that I'm better off stopping and saving my efforts for another day. Doesn't happen often but is usually as a result of overtraining and not eating enough.

StefanB 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa:

Could be anything, just a bad day, a cold coming up, not used to being on a treadmill, badly adjusted treadmill (you might have been going faster than you think), etc. I wouldn't worry about it and just get a good outdoor run in as soon as possible.
 Banned User 77 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa: An off day..

They happen sometimes.. often it means you are run down.. or illness coming.. I always run poorly 2-3 days before illness sets in..

Mark Torrance 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Cappa:

Your legs are talking to you. They are saying "Treadmill? Really? What are you thinking!"

I've had running experiences verging on the transcendent over the last few nights - headtorch-free under a filigree of black-on-white branches - fox padding along a frozen canal - traffic noise deadened by the snow. Infinitely more fun than typical January outings in Birmingham. Oh, and because it was a bit slippy I decided that I could run as slowly as I wanted without feeling guilty.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...