Ultimate Trails 55k

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climb41 15 Jul 2018

Anyone on here do the UT 55k last weekend on Sunday? That was really too bloody hot!

I know I shouldn’t complain because Killian Jornet broke the BG record same day, but let’s be honest, he’s not like us normal civilians......

SouthernSteve 15 Jul 2018
In reply to climb41:

Far far too hot I agree. Did you finish, or join the 150 people who did not? 

However the course record was set 5h 25m and as you say KJ smashed the BGR. Quite unbelievable!

OP climb41 15 Jul 2018
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Hi Steve, yes, finished. Slower than last year by about 11 minutes but hey, I’m a year older and as we’ve said, it was bloody hot!

What about you ? I see Nicky Spinks was there as well, doing the 23k, a week after her double Ramsay...another amazing runner..

SouthernSteve 15 Jul 2018
In reply to climb41:

I did just under 30 miles. I was quite well hydrated and not sore, but I was like a rag in the heat. My other half finished and was surprised I did so much in that still humid air. My best hill-running is definitely in the snow looking at Strava!

I do like the route and the hills were beautiful and in that sense I did enjoy myself.

See you next year perhaps. I am now trying to decided how long to wait for some cool weather to do another big day. I rather fancy an extended Yorkshire 3 peaks as I have had to walk with friends the last couple of times.

OP climb41 15 Jul 2018
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Ennerdale 50k....

Neil Williams 16 Jul 2018
In reply to climb41:

Did that race last year and very much enjoyed it, but I'm glad I wasn't there in this heat!  Well done.

OP climb41 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Neil Williams:

Thanks Neil.  Yes, done. 

Last year was was hot at the start, then we had some nice cooling rain for the second half...you’ll know that of course!

Think I  might try somewhere different next year..maybe...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...