Thigh adductor soreness - suggestions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 12 Mar 2019

I find my thigh Adductor muscles i.e inner thigh just above knee, get sore after running, Ive not really found any stretches that work well on that area, but massage does help. 

Im thinking the cause is weakness in the Abductors/ hip but wanted to confirm with somebody more experienced before continuing.

Thanks for reading.

In reply to The Potato:

Sounds like a weak VMO muscle (the teardrop muscle just above the knee and inside the leg) 

Look up VMO strengthening exercises , might help. Also get the roller out and roll those babies (will be painful )

OP The Potato 13 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

thanks for the suggestion Ive looked at some exercises. Any other thoughts people?

Rigid Raider 13 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

Yes, go and buy a road bike, then you won't need to run around damaging yourself.

OP The Potato 13 Mar 2019
In reply to Rigid Raider:

you mean a 2nd road bike? I think my wife would go mad Ive already got 4 bikes.....

dh73 13 Mar 2019
In reply to The Potato:

don't know other than to say that is (possibly the only) running injury I have not had. every other area of my legs  / hips has given me trouble, but never that part of my thigh, and I am not aware of other runners with the same problem (although I don't go round taking polls)

the reason I raise this is it may be that you have an unusual running style and would benefit from some gait analysis?

daftdazza 13 Mar 2019
In reply to dh73:

Bending your knees and sitting on your heels is a good stretch and you can vary it about a little.  Step machines at gym are good for building up the hip and hamstrings, one legged dips also, and lots of uphill fell running seem to cure these issues for me, just take the downhills super slow and easy, and try not to over extend the stride on the flats. And super soft muddy trails are also good, avoid the hard pack for a while.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...