Tendonitis trouble

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tingle 28 Dec 2020

Quick run down:

Developed pain across top of my foot while running. Keep going till it got bad enough to worry about. Stopped for a week to recover. Came back worse. Currently stopped for 2 weeks in the hope it gets better.

During this I have been stretching my feet/ calves and applying any and all kinds of medicines to it.

I am about to start back up again in the new year so I wondered if anyone had any advice for me on how they may have got through something similar? Softer shoes/ lots of walking? Thanks in advance 

SouthernSteve 28 Dec 2020
In reply to tingle:

1. Look at your lacing e.g. https://runrepeat.com/top-10-running-shoe-lacing-techniques
  2. See a physio
  3. Consider a new shoe

You don't give a huge amount of detail - are you a occasional runner or ultra runner considering the Spine?

OP tingle 28 Dec 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

uninjured 50 k a week average, hoping to be more like 60 this new year. My foot is completely fine on a day to day basis so it is hard to tell how much rest is enough. I have loosened my laces but ill try re-lacing. Physio might be the best option if things don't go well.

edit:

Might be worth stating im doing more road miles than ever during lockdown due to house move. More fell/trail could be substituted if it aided recovery 

Post edited at 11:34
 SouthernSteve 28 Dec 2020
In reply to tingle:

You sound like you are in a good place generally. My understanding was that hills and overtight shoes were the biggest causes and you don't seem to be doing either. Does massaging the tibialis anterior with a tennis ball or similar help? I suspect you need a physio rather than amateur advice from me.

On a personal note, I have done a lot more road miles this year, although my ascent is increased (same mileage as last year) and I generally do feel a bit sorer at the moment.

OP tingle 28 Dec 2020
In reply to SouthernSteve:

This muscle is in my general routine but i haven't thought about focusing on that one stupidly. Thanks for the advice Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...