Sync issues with forerunner?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 09 Dec 2019

Anyone else  had syncing issues with there forerunner over the  weekend? 

Mine half synced  its picked up the steps and heart rate. But my watch shows  it as tun but it does sync to me the map and that sort of thing 

Queenie 09 Dec 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

I upload the file manually at the moment as haven't got round to setting it to auto yet. All went fine for my Saturday run. Have you tried uploading it again to see if all the missing info appears? Try the help page with Strava or whichever platform you are using, if that doesn't work.

steelbru 09 Dec 2019

I did a run both Sat and Sun and it sync'd to Garmin Connect ( and then on to Strava ) ok.

Where is it that you are looking and see it only "half synced" - is that Garmin Connect or Strava or somewhere else ?

How do you sync ? Is it an older watch and via a USB cable, or a newer one that connects to your phone via bluetooth, then over wifi/cellular from your phone to Garmin ?

If it's a newer one, have you tried re-syncing ( either from the phone or the watch ) ?

OP Shaunhaynes99 09 Dec 2019

Using forerunner 35. So bluetooth have tried  to resync a few things but nothing is updating. 

Sam W 09 Dec 2019

My Forerunner 35 has been playing up for the last week or so, main symptom is losing its connection with the phone.  Didn't notice a firmware update happen, but it feels like something has changed.  With a bit of prodding on Saturday I did manage to get it to upload a run to Garmin/Strava.

steelbru 09 Dec 2019

In case it's the bluetooth connection with the phone that is unstable, you could try using the charging USB cable connected to a PC/laptop - as well as charging it, that will sync to Garmin Connect as well

DancingOnRock 09 Dec 2019

It can’t half sync. All the data is in one file. 

More likely is your watch hasn’t got a satellite fix. My friend’s 630 is having the same issue at the moment. Looking at his data we’ve seen it’s been happening for 5 weeks. 

If you can turn your watch to GPS only and check it can see the satellites that’s the first thing to check. 

In reply to steelbru:

Tried that. It says that to update the Garmin connect on my laptop   so i try that wont update. ( will try uninstalling garmin on laptop and reinstalling later) But i try ro sync it says cant update for  file.... activity then loads of of numbers im guessing the run file is currported or something and hopefully I  juat a blip.

be out again tommrow if does sync it maybe have to go back. Its only about 2 months old.

Post edited at 12:27
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Maybe id set to run indoor mode or something. I dont think i set it to gprs only.

In that case restore watch factory defaults as sounds like you have a corrupt file. Under system somewhere on the watch. 

Yes. He hasn’t on his watch, it’s not picking up satellites in GPS only mode so there’s a deeper issue. 

In reply to DancingOnRock:

Well ive reset devices  will uninstall  and reinstall  garmin express on laptop tonight and see what happens  tommrow.

Roadrunner6 10 Dec 2019

Mine randomly doesn't sync and will never recover that activity. I've no idea why. Maybe 1 in 1 in 100 runs (I do 10-12 runs a week), will just somehow disappear. The one before and one after will sync no problem.

OP Shaunhaynes99 10 Dec 2019

All synced find today maybe it was just a mad 5 mins the other day. 

DancingOnRock 10 Dec 2019

I suspect the complete reset has fixed it. As I say I’ve had corrupt data in one file that’s messed up all the following files. Deleting it fixed the problem. Also when the watches get full they start misbehaving. A full reset every now and again is recommended. 

Post edited at 12:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...