SWest coast path st ives > sennen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tim_broadhurst 08 Jul 2019

Just after a quick bit of local knowledge - did do a quick google search but couldn’t find anything. 

Does anyone know the condition of this path at this time of year? Easily runnable? Or totally overgrown. Any dangerous bits to watch for?

Wainers44 08 Jul 2019
In reply to tim_broadhurst:

Ran it on the ARC50 back in Feb and in other times in the year. Always a rough and challenging route, especially from Gurnards to Pendeen. The easy start from St Ives lulls you into a very false sense of security!! 

Never found it that overgrown but might wear running leggings to keep the worst of the nettles off! The church path (field path) just inland through Zennor etc can be worse.

It's an outstanding route though, just not one to rush due to the granite obstacles. 

EarlyBird 08 Jul 2019

The Mrs has run that section in the summer - apparently it's not too badly overgrown and even then only in parts. It's rocky - obvs - so requires the usual caution (I'm told) but it's easy to follow. 

Tom Last 08 Jul 2019

It won’t be overgrown, lots of traffic. It’s been completely dry for absolutely ages down here too - time for some zawn routes - so will be pretty good underfoot. 

mbh 08 Jul 2019

I haven't done all of it recently, but don't remember, or think that, it getting overgrown would be anything to worry about.

When I ran Zennor to beyond Gurnards about three months ago I thought it was really tough running, and I should think it is going on to Bosigan too, based on my walking that bit in reverse a month or two ago. Bosigran to Botallack is mostly pretty easy (from walking and running it last month), then from Cape Cornwall to Gwithian is rocky and hard running until you get to the beach (from memory of a few years ago). 

There is nothing dangerous. It is a path.

Thanks all!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...