Suunto Movescount issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 23 Jun 2018

Is anyone else having difficulty changing the name of points of interest in movescount? Any time I've tried over the last few weeks I've got a fault screen saying 'Sorry, something went wrong.' I've tried contacting Suunto but no response so far.

Dave B 23 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

Just checked.. Same error...

OP DaveHK 25 Jun 2018
In reply to Dave B:

Suunto got back to me suggesting trying a different browser and clearing the cache neither of which made any difference. 

Dave B 26 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

:-/

SebCa 27 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

I have the Ambit 3 Peak and had significant issues with movescount, i lost data and at the time was quite heavily into triathlon training. Not the end of the world you might think but I couldn't reliably track my efforts or see where improvement was needed or recovery yadadada. It got to the stage where I was that annoyed with Suunto (who I have been a life long fan on) I emailed the CEO who to be fair to him replied! Acknowledging the issues with their software and the promise it would improve.

For me it was the end and I strayed to the Garmin Fenix 3hr. Since then I have lost no data, suffered no crashes and it works on a regular basis and even the course uploading is easy.

I don't look forward to the day my fenix bites the dust but i know something I shan't be returning to Suunto....it appears nothing has changed two years (almost exactly to the date!) down the line!

ianstevens 27 Jun 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Similar here - had an ambit and loved the watch but hated the software which was often down or simply didn't work. Switched to a Garmin a couple of years ago and never looked back.

OP DaveHK 27 Jun 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

> Similar here - had an ambit and loved the watch but hated the software

Ditto. I'm not quite at the point of ditching Suunto but the interface is crap and the support for it usually consists of them apologising and saying you'll need to live with it. 

ianstevens 27 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

The Fenix 5 is on sale right now in various places due to the announcement of the 5 plus. Still some old 3HRs about too for even less money.

Just sayin’...

Dave B 28 Jun 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

Are there still issues with aerials on the f5.. 

ianstevens 28 Jun 2018
In reply to Dave B:

Which are? n=1 and all, but mine has been great.

Dave B 28 Jun 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

https://the5krunner.com/2018/01/18/fenix-5-plus-confirmed-antennae-modifica...

I think that answers my question... there were issues with Bluetooth and ANT connectivity...

OP DaveHK 30 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

Typically of Movescount customer support I've just received a message telling me that they're investigating why I can't create new POIs. This despite me really clearly telling them that I CAN do this and that it's renaming existing ones that's the problem.

Shambles.

AndyC 30 Jun 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

> Shambles.

Sounds like business as usual in software support, irrespective of the company involved you can almost guarantee they will not read past the first five words. When AIs take over, I wonder if they will be trained to address the actual problem or to assume they know what it is based on analysis of random words in the support request?

Still, it can't be easy sorting the real problems from the noise generated by all the idiots out there.

OP DaveHK 30 Jun 2018
In reply to AndyC:

I've just posted the following rant on their FB page. Made me feel better if nothing else.

For the benefit of anyone considering purchasing a Suunto product here's how a typical interaction with Movescount customer support proceeds:

1. I message support with a clear, detailed description of the problem or issue in non-idiomatic English.

2. Suunto reply up to a week later with a vague request for more details despite me having included all the detail I had. It is clear from this email that they have misinterpreted my initial message.

3. Several days later I get an email to say they're unaware of this issue.

4. Several days after that they suggest a laborious and ultimately unworkable solution or inform me that whatever I've asked about is impossible to fix.

5. If the problem isn't impossible to fix I then receive another email to tell me that they are investigating the problem.

6. Sometime after that yet another email arrives to say they're still investigating my problem. Unfortunately the wording of this email suggests that the problem they are now investigating is a completely different one from the one I messaged them about in the first place.

7. I go online and discover a number of things including: lots of people have the same problem / issue, some people at movescount do know about it and lot's of people have ditched Suunto because although the watches are superb the interface and support is rubbish.

8. Stage 8 involves me making like those in stage 7 and ditching Suunto. I'm not quite there yet but it's getting closer.

In reply to DaveHK:

I had Suunto watches, I now have Garmin, there is no contest when it comes to the software. 

:edit. Ive had issues with Garmin hardware and customer support has been great.

Post edited at 11:27
OP DaveHK 30 Jun 2018
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> :edit. Ive had issues with Garmin hardware and customer support has been great.

My wife uses Garmin and that's been her experience too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...