Summer Spine Race and Pennine Way record attempt on now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mountainbagger 24 Jun 2017
http://thespinerace.com/msff/

The Fusion and Flare are summer versions of the Spine and Challenger. They started this morning.

Also, earlier this morning, Pavel Paloncy started an attempt at the FKT for the Pennine Way. He started earlier than the main races.

Tracking for both races and Pavel's attempt here: http://live.opentracking.co.uk/spinefusion17/

More dot watching!

BALD EAGLE 25 Jun 2017
In reply to mountainbagger:

Does anyone have any latest news on Pavel as his tracker has no current signal and has been stuck just south of Keld for a long time? When I woke up this morning I was hoping he would be much further North having "left him" at Horton in Ribblesdale around midnight. Pavel is obviously an amazing athlete and I hope nothing has gone wrong and that he breaks that long standing FKT record! He is definitely in with a shout of beating my FKT of 18 days...
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Tracking seems to have updated now. He has just left Tan Hill Inn as of 8:30 this morning apparently.
 BALD EAGLE 25 Jun 2017

Yep happy days and Pavel is now only an hour or 2 away from Middleton which I think is close to halfway! My 18 days is defintely in danger of being beat...
Clauso 25 Jun 2017

He's still going strong, by the looks of it. If anybody knows that route, then Pavel certainly does. Awesome stuff.
 BALD EAGLE 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Clauso:

Just done the morning check and Pavel is now just north of Slaggyford, ironically where my missus and I started our final Northern section a couple of months ago! Anyway fingers crossed he can summon up the energy to beat the record on this final day. By my reckoning he must be finishing around 10pm tonight to beat the FKT so go Pavel go!
 Simon Caldwell 26 Jun 2017
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Looks like game over
 BALD EAGLE 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> Looks like game over

I fear you may be right as far as the record attempt is concerned. According to Pavel's facebook page he has had stomach problems yesterday. Anyway if this attempt turns out to be unsuccessful I'm sure he will have learnt loads and will be back to break it next time...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...