Strava problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the sheep 21 Oct 2017
Strava users, the app has seemingly dropped 0.5 km off my last couple of runs. Any ideas why?
 Siward 21 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

It's often the auto pause playing up and failing to re-start after a pause. I've turned it off.

Alternatively have you got your settings arranged to hide movement near to home? That might knock off the last 0.5K, possibly.
 Brass Nipples 21 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

If you drop below 10mph, Strava considers it jogging and drops that distance off the total.

SouthernSteve 22 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

What are you using to measure you distance - watch or phone?
 john arran 22 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

It's a clever marketing ploy: It's been massaging your ego until you're hooked on using it; now it's time for reality to bite.

yorkshireman 22 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

How long are the runs? If they're any significant distance then 500m is not a huge factor of variability and if you don't run exactly the same route (eg weaving around on trail, crossing roads at different points etc) then this could be easily achieved.

Also, Strava is only as good as the GPS data it is given, so any problem is more likely to be with your device doing the recording.
 DancingOnRock 22 Oct 2017
In reply to the sheep:

I assume you mean your watch is giving a different total to Strava?

Strava reprocesses the GPS data.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919487-How-Distance-is-Calc...

SouthernSteve 22 Oct 2017
In reply to DancingOnRock:

In addition, Strava have said for some time to run a little over the distance if you are completing their challenges due to their processing!
OP the sheep 22 Oct 2017
Cheers All,

Been recording runs on my IPhone using the Strava app, it seemed that it was dropping distance from a couple of known runs, one roughly 5 k and a 10 k one so no great distance.
Turned auto pause of and went for a quick run this morning and it came within 0.1 k of the last time I did it so fingers crossed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...