Strava - now taking the weekend off

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SouthernSteve 17 Feb 2019

Just a quiet rant that Strava is getting very difficult to use at the weekend, I am thinking about ditching premium membership - I do like a good graph though.

Any good alternatives?

ianstevens 17 Feb 2019
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Absolute nightmare to use, like a throwback to the days of dialup right now. Could always use the ecosystem linked with your watch, presuming you have one rather than using the phone app?

Ah. I thought it was just me.  Data sync fail since 10:30 am.

OP SouthernSteve 17 Feb 2019
In reply to ianstevens:

Yes I have a Fenix 3. Garmin doesn't appear to have the same club and community features and has everything on (steps, morning HR, etc) it so is not quite so private as Strava which just deals in activities. Segments and same route comparisons are weak on Garmin. 

climb41 17 Feb 2019

Apologies, slight hijack, have you noticed the elevation graph now not showing on the Garmin Connect app, or is it just me? If it has been taken off, I think it’s pants; liked overlaying my heart rate on the elevation plot......

In reply to climb41:

Tried to check and got the following message

Looks Like Our Laces Came Undone -We will be back up and running in a few moments.

Looks like Strava are not alone in the need to buy some bigger computers!

DancingOnRock 17 Feb 2019

Garmin were down around 2pm. Suspect there’s been a lot of data traffic somewhere as all these services are linked together. Probably one server bring another load down. 

My run has synced on Garmin, eventually, but I’ve created a workout for Tuesday and it won’t sync to my watch. My run is showing in Garmin but hasn’t been pushed to Strava yet. 

The weather has meant several million London marathon trainees are out having realised they’ve done no training yet. 

ianstevens 17 Feb 2019

Same boat here. It’s a bit of a pain really, not world ending of course, but irritating when you pay for a service. 

bouldery bits 17 Feb 2019

I have sacked off Strava and now use view ranger. Not sure it'll do what you want but it fulfils all of my needs and the mapping as way better - I pay £25 a year for all of the UK's OS mapping which I use for lots of other things besides tracking running. 

Yanis Nayu 17 Feb 2019

I think it was Garmin rather than Strava 

ianstevens 17 Feb 2019
In reply to bouldery bits:

> I have sacked off Strava and now use view ranger. Not sure it'll do what you want but it fulfils all of my needs and the mapping as way better - I pay £25 a year for all of the UK's OS mapping which I use for lots of other things besides tracking running. 

Doesn’t really do the same job though - comparison of apples and oranges! 

In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Not sure about that Garmin and a related portal used by my coach were all hunky dory until Climb41 asked the question.

I have been trying to run by feel (and not look at the watch very much on the run), but am very interested to know what I did after the event so Garmin does that, but there are a few of us (all with different devices) who keep in touch with our running by Strava. 

Post edited at 19:56
In reply to ianstevens:

> Doesn’t really do the same job though - comparison of apples and oranges! 

It tracks mh runs and walks and has a  beacon function. I don't need the other Strava bits.

ianstevens 17 Feb 2019
In reply to bouldery bits:

Which is great, and good that you have a system that works for you, but a lot of people use it for the social aspect of things as well. Which viewranger obviously doesn't have, hence why I was saying that it's not a valid comparison. 

In reply to ianstevens:

I did mention that view ranger may not do everything the OP wants.

I have no need for Strava's willy waving capabilities as I have very little to wave and am not interested in sharing what I do (or don't do).

They both GPS track a distance traveled and both give you some form of info about rhat. At the very least, we're comparing granny smiths an Bramleys!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...