St Davids, Pembrokeshire running options

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jackiartist 29 Jun 2019

Hi

I'm off to Pembrokeshire for a week staying just outside St Davids. I want to do a bit of running while I am  down there as well as climbing so would be interested to hear of any favourite off road routes that people have. I prefer circular routes but out and backs are fine if there is nice scenery. Anything between 3 and 15 milesish.

Thanks

afshapes 29 Jun 2019
In reply to jackiartist:

The coast path is excellent in either direction,  I've done a 20 miler out and back from porth clais and that takes you to just past st David's head. Brilliant run ! 

In reply to jackiartist:

I'd just go along the coast path, very scenic and if you check the bus times you can just do a one way run and get bus back to st David's.

https://www.traveline.cymru/

Is good for public transport in Wales. 

fred99 30 Jun 2019
In reply to mountain.martin:

> I'd just go along the coast path, very scenic and if you check the bus times you can just do a one way run and get bus back to st David's.

> Is good for public transport in Wales. 

Or as you'll be all sweaty after your run, you could think of the state you'd leave the seat in, and your possible effect on fellow passengers. So take the bus OUT, then run BACK. This also means you can go straight to the shower (or fridge) when you get back.

olddirtydoggy 30 Jun 2019
In reply to jackiartist:

The great thing about the coastal path is it's circular. Being an island you are able to run in a continous direction until you return to the point of origin.

In reply to fred99:

That's obviously an option and has the added benefit of not having to time the run to make sure you connect with the bus.

To be honest the hygiene issues had never occurred to me (not sure what that says about me), I just cool down, change into a clean shirt, go for a coffee/cake/ice cream and by the time I get on the bus any other sweat has dried. 

Neil Williams 30 Jun 2019
In reply to mountain.martin:

I second the coast path though probably not a lap of the UK as olddirtydoggy seems to be suggesting ;D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...