So far so good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 07 Mar 2021

Lucky enough to have had the Oxford Vaccine at 1500 yesterday.  Decided a healthy diet of fish and chips and Jail Ale last night would be great prep for any side effects.

This morning a reasonably swift 13 miler, inc about 4 miles on sand and all good, feal fine.

Only issue so far is that I may now be invisible.  Well despite being 6ft tall and wearing a dayglow yellow high viz, the volvo estate driver who missed my toes by a couple of inches as I waited in the hedge in the lane clearly either didn't see me or was in a serious hurry!!

Everyone else finding the running ok after the jab?

Michael Hood 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Nope - I put this on another thread - Pfizer vaccine.

• +1 day - 3.9m run - ok
  • +4 days - 3.4m run - wtf has happened to my legs - well over 1min/mile down
  • +6 days - intervals - no problem
  • +8 days - 3.4m run - wtf has happened to my legs - well over 1min/mile down
  • +11 days - 3.9m run - might be ok - took it easy
  • +15 days - 3.4m run - not speedy but ok, no signs of how it felt last week

We'll see how today's run goes but I'm not expecting the problems I had where I basically wondered who's legs I'd got because they didn't feel like mine 😁

Will also be interesting to see if I get same thing after 2nd dose.

Petemeads of this parish has apparently been turbocharged since the vaccine and has done his best times for some years.

OP Wainers44 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

Dislike for the volvo reference maybe...or that I didn't just rely on Ivermectin? Who knows

Anyway, sorry to hear you are having a few problems,  missed that on the other thread. Hope you are past the worst now.

Probably too early for smugness in that case,   i would normally be a day off running tomorrow anyway,  so let's see what happens Tuesday. 

Michael Hood 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Today's run was ok - about 13 sec/mile slower than this year's best - able to put in a fair bit of effort but not all out, so that's ok.

Apart from the running slow down, the only other side effect I got was after my run on the day after the jab, I just needed to have a kip for half an hour or so. Felt very much like what happens sometimes when I get a migraine, but I didn't get any ocular disturbance (or headache but I rarely get that anyway). After the kip I was totally ok.

Otherwise felt totally ok. Hopefully you won't get any side effects, it seems to vary a lot, my parents didn't even get sore arms,

Post edited at 18:18
OP Wainers44 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Today's run was ok - about 13 sec/mile slower than this year's best - able to put in a fair bit of effort but not all out, so that's ok.

> Apart from the running slow down, the only other side effect I got was after my run on the day after the jab, I just needed to have a kip for half an hour or so. Felt very much like what happens sometimes when I get a migraine, but I didn't get any ocular disturbance (or headache but I rarely get that anyway). After the kip I was totally ok.

> Otherwise felt totally ok. Hopefully you won't get any side effects, it seems to vary a lot, my parents didn't even get sore arms,

Thats good. Nice one. Hopefully thats you all over it now. Funny you mention needing the kip, which was how I felt a couple of hours after the run. Just figured I was being a bit lazy.

Yes the variation in reaction was the reason for the original post. My mum had no issues, not even the sore arm. However a couple of guys at work were pretty off colour for a couple of days. So I sort of prepared myself for that to happen, but so far so good....

Just feel hugely lucky to have had it and looking at other posts on here the progress being made in different places is varying quite a bit.

the sheep 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Had mine this morning and was prepared to feel crap. However it’s been a fab afternoon,  did some work on the bike in the sunshine and then did some digging and planting in the garden 

Looking forward to a run tomorrow 👍🏻

Post edited at 18:57
 veteye 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

I had my vaccination yesterday at about the same time as you.

I too have not had any reaction around the site of injection.

I had to trail to Leicester (about 30 miles away), so stopped off at Slawston Bridge on the way back, and did some traversing/bouldering on the defunct railway structure. This was a better performance than anticipated, having done no climbing of late (obviously).

Today I went for a 10Km run at Rutland water which I thought that I might have been faster with, but was about the same as usual. (My problem sometimes is that I lapse into a running reverie as I think about other things, and forget to try to push the pace at different parts of the course).

I too was a little drousy, but this is much more likely to be due to not drinking enough water soon enough, and of over doing the volume of food eaten for my very late lunch/tea.

Lots of walkers, and to a lesser extent bikers at Rutland Water, but at least the ground is getting better currently due to a drier phase for a couple of weeks. So less mud.

Michael Hood 07 Mar 2021
In reply to veteye:

good to hear that the vaccination didn't impede your walk-in to Slawston 😁 I miss that place

petemeads 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

As Michael Hood says, my Pfizer jab of Feb 2nd has spurred me on to great things. One day of wondering if I could detect any difference, next day ran 30k after a fashion (furthest for years, hilly course) and finished absolutely knackered, since then done long runs of 26.5k and 30k again, a mile in 7:03, 5k in 23:27 (best for 4 years, best on 2 hip replacements), 10k in 50:43 on Thursday, 5k in 25:12 on Saturday and 7.24 miles in an hour today. Goodness knows what the second dose will do, when they get around to it... 

Times may sound a bit rubbish but they are gold standard for a 70-year-old...

Roadrunner6 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

I've just booked my pfizer for Friday and I've a half on Saturday morning. I wouldn't do it after my second but hoping for limited reaction to the first.. It's only a $10 race so not a big risk financially nor a tagret race.

The New NickB 07 Mar 2021
In reply to Roadrunner6:

I had a sore arm for 24 hours after my Pfizer jab, but nothing else.

OP Wainers44 08 Mar 2021
In reply to The New NickB:

I think its great that we all have a phantom dislike stalker on this thread. 

Maybe the button presser doesn't like positive vaccination news...gallam baby, is that you?

See if this works...

So what really happened at mine was they were so short handed they got the security guard to do it. The needle was 3 inches long and he pushed so hard it went right through my arm. And BTW he used the same needle on about 10 of us. 

I felt unwell immediately and probably had covid straight away anyway.  Only thing that helped was spreading marmite over my whole body for the vit D.

Oh, and this morning my leg fell off.

There, are we all happy now?

timjones 08 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Have a dislike for checking your own likes and believing in dislike stalkers

deepsoup 08 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

> Only thing that helped was spreading marmite over my whole body for the vit D.

Outrageous pseudo-science bullshitty thing to say about Covid, and yet this is somehow still perfectly acceptable UKC advice to offer to poor unsuspecting people trying to avoid midge bites.

Gone for good 08 Mar 2021

> I had a sore arm for 24 hours after my Pfizer jab, but nothing else.

Exactly the same for me. 

the sheep 08 Mar 2021
In reply to the sheep:

Spoke too soon. Woke up in the night sweating and shivering. Thankfully that passed but had to spend the morning in bed as seemingly my entire body ached. It does seem to be wearing off now so fingers crossed I will be back to normal tomorrow.

Roadrunner6 08 Mar 2021

I just found out that half has 1000ft of ascent so there's no chance of a fast time anyway now. 

Yeah my wife just had a stiff arm, the second (moderna) gave her chills/aches etc for 28 hrs.

TMM 09 Mar 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

> I felt unwell immediately and probably had covid straight away anyway.  Only thing that helped was spreading marmite over my whole body for the vit D.

> Oh, and this morning my leg fell off.

> There, are we all happy now?

Please can I ask you to be careful and considerate with your postings? There are lot of people who are very unsure about the vaccination process and the internet is littered with fake and conflicting advice.

I understand that your advice above was only tongue in cheek but a friend saw the same suggestion on another site and and is now suffering from a severe yeast infection.

OP Wainers44 09 Mar 2021
In reply to TMM:

> Please can I ask you to be careful and considerate with your postings? There are lot of people who are very unsure about the vaccination process and the internet is littered with fake and conflicting advice.

> I understand that your advice above was only tongue in cheek but a friend saw the same suggestion on another site and and is now suffering from a severe yeast infection.

So sorry.  And its worse than that, I didn't read the label properly and marmite is actually full of vitamin B, not D. What a senseless waste of time, and yeast extract.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...