Running Shoe Research

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
laurenmcginley 30 Oct 2020

Hi I am now looking to gather more research into how my proposed university project would be sold, and how it would target the market. I am looking for information such as would you be willing to pay monthly for shoes rather than single payments? 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/N29J78R 

I would be very greatful for any responses and it would be very beneficial to my project. 

Herdwickmatt 31 Oct 2020
In reply to laurenmcginley:

Done, I'm very intrigued, I'm not sure which parts of the shoe could be replaced without professional services but I like the idea.

Basemetal 31 Oct 2020

Aren't  there subcription shoe services up and running already? e.g.

https://hiconsumption.com/on-running-cyclon-shoe-subscription/

bouldery bits 31 Oct 2020

I have done your survey. Again, I'm sorry my answers aren't so helpful. Atleast I'm honest!

Removed User 31 Oct 2020

It's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how it would work, but you may well be onto something. If it meant being able to hybridize shoes to customize them, rather than simply replace the same bits, I'd be all over it.

Herdwickmatt 01 Nov 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

I didn’t know about that. I need to replace my shoes but might look into it in more detail.

steveriley 01 Nov 2020

Interesting but I can only ever think this would be less cost effective than my normal policy of wearing things out and searching for bargains. PS I think you mean e.g. rather than i.e. in your example. And ‘paid’. Good luck!

McHeath 01 Nov 2020

Not sure how the answers are going to be helpful to you without knowing how many km a month the shoes will be used for. Some runners would wear a pair out in 3 months, others only after 2 years or more. So if I belong to the first group, £20 a month is definitely worth it; if I'm only running once or twice a week, then definitely not.

Also: which sane person would choose £20 a month for one pair over 10£ a month for 2 pairs? 

Post edited at 16:47
irarosieqelxs 19 Nov 2020

This is great. I am a novice runner and I am looking for a pair of comfortable functional running shoes. I think I can find good suggestions here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...