running partners Chester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 justdoit 23 Jan 2018

hi there,

im currently living in Upton , in Chester, I am wondering if anyone out there goes out running around the area, I find it hard to motivate myself to get out alone so it would be cool to join someone if thats ok. 

I used to run a fair bit on road, and in the fells in the lakes, but climbing seems to have taken over and for some stupid reason I have started smoking again??

im happy to run with whoever really no matter how slow or fast (hopefully not too fast). 

thank you 

seamus

if you want to contact me can email on: seamus1455@hotmail.com

The New NickB 24 Jan 2018
In reply to justdoit:

Get to Chester parkrun, I’m sure you will meet some like minded people. I believe one of the regulars here is one of the Race Directors.

steveriley 24 Jan 2018
In reply to justdoit:

Rampakino I think is Chester parkrun director. Plenty of fell runners with Helsby if you fancy joining us any Wed for a 6:30 start. Most people are on the road at the moment but usually a few with headtorches on the hill. Spring we mostly switch to the trail.

JamButty 24 Jan 2018
In reply to justdoit:

Steve beat me to it for Helsby runners,  but there's also Clywdian Range Runners to get you in the hills,  and I think Chester Road Runners also exist and are pretty active.

Rampikino 24 Jan 2018
In reply to steveriley:

Yes I am!

Chester parkrun is definitely a good starting point as we have a lot of regular local runners and also representatives of local clubs who come along.  Chester Road Runners are a growing group who run 2-3 times a week as well as joining in races and parkrun.  West Cheshire AC are up your way too.  There's also Chester Tri (who don't just do Triathlon), Deestriders, Helsby (Green Army!) and others slightly further afield.

The Chester running scene is very vibrant - we now have a 10k added to the portfolio of events which varies from 5k and parkrun, 5m, 10k, 1/2m, Metric Marathon, Marathon and Ultra.

OP justdoit 24 Jan 2018
In reply to justdoit:

great thanks for all the comments, I have just signed up to the park run, im going to look at the running clubs pages, and get more information. 

Stig 25 Jan 2018
In reply to justdoit:

I would definitely join a club! So simple to find people to run with through a club.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...