Running in the rain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Come on, I need some wimp approval.

I was supposed to do a 7 mile training run tonight but it's really dark now, filthy wet and absolutely chucking it down. Its the worse kind of Autumn/Winter night. I like running in the dark and I don't mind cold but looking outside I'm not very motivated. Ive also got a twinging groin, red wine in the kitchen and dry wood ready for the fire in the lounge.

Im perfectly right in my decision, right, to give it a miss today? Im sure Mo Farah stays indoors and has a steak and chips when its a bit blowy outside.
Post edited at 17:20
 Pids 07 Nov 2017
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Red wine and the fire win for me, but then I'm not likely to win many (any) running races.

(avoiding outdoor track night tonight due to work commitments, wife taking both kids to their track training night though)

I may stick the fire on later as well.
 steveriley 07 Nov 2017

Drink the booze of the righteous after setting your jaw to the elements. It'll stop raining soon and that (quorn) steak will be all the more delicious
 the sheep 07 Nov 2017

Man up and get out there. Im cycling tonight (but then again I have no choice if I want to get home from work.....)
Gone for good 07 Nov 2017

Grow a pair, get outside, get training and get home. And lets face it, we all get twinges achrd and pains. Its all.part of training. Getting warm and fuzzy inside after physical activity is as intoxicating as the bottle of wine you have waiting to be drunk.

Get out and Just do it ..... use the Steak,Wine & Fire as motivation for when you get back
It’ll be all the better for it
 BusyLizzie 07 Nov 2017
Maybe you could compromise and do a shorter run? In this weather in the dark I'd do between 3 and 5 miles, leap into the shower then to the red wine - you get the wine AND the glow of virtue.

But I don't have to cos I did today's (very short) run in the rain before brekky
 yorkshireman 07 Nov 2017

Do it, you'll feel better and wine and log fire will be there when you get back*. I've had a two week layoff from running and had my first run yesterday since then. I was planning today's run as well as having motivational problems too. In the end I put on the head torch and ran round the forest at the end of the valley - we've had snow and really hight winds but when I got into the forest it was sheltered and the snow was soft and it ended up being quite magical- and now I'm showered and changed, the heating is on and I'm reheating some stew on the stove - and I don't have the nagging feeling that I should have gone out.
 Yanis Nayu 07 Nov 2017

I’ve just done a 16 mile in the cold, dark and heavy rain. HTFU

Capitulated.

Fire, cuddles with wife and red wine beat cold, wet, grim run.

The miles are in the post to keep up with the weekly target though.

Rough and smooth.
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> Maybe you could compromise and do a shorter run? In this weather in the dark I'd do between 3 and 5 miles, leap into the shower then to the red wine - you get the wine AND the glow of virtue.

> But I don't have to cos I did today's (very short) run in the rain before brekky

I took the hound for an hour at that time. It was him or me. He won.
 BusyLizzie 07 Nov 2017

> I took the hound for an hour at that time. It was him or me. He won.

Well done - sounds like you have already been virtuous today so actually that wine might be yours already!!
 steveriley 07 Nov 2017

You deserve it, I did 4 for you so order is restored. It's stopped raining and there's a sauvignon in the fridge.
 Rampikino 07 Nov 2017

I had the same today except my lunch run from work. Cold and rainy outside, miserable and grey, motivation low. Just got out there and got on with it and glad I did.
 SouthernSteve 07 Nov 2017

I have been up and out. It was dark and filthy wet and my running partner left me to go home after half a mile, but as we are on a no wine this month I might as well be out! Generally I like running in the rain for the impetus it gives you.
 Dave the Rave 07 Nov 2017

> Come on, I need some wimp approval.

> I was supposed to do a 7 mile training run tonight but it's really dark now, filthy wet and absolutely chucking it down. Its the worse kind of Autumn/Winter night. I like running in the dark and I don't mind cold but looking outside I'm not very motivated. Ive also got a twinging groin, red wine in the kitchen and dry wood ready for the fire in the lounge.

> Im perfectly right in my decision, right, to give it a miss today? Im sure Mo Farah stays indoors and has a steak and chips when its a bit blowy outside.

You're right hombre.
We're all ultimately training for death so feck it! Light satans fire, sup your booze and train another night. It's a good night in!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...