Running - steroid injection in foot for Mortons Neuroma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ava Adore 10 Oct 2017
I'm suffering from Mortons Neuroma and due to have a steroid injection in my foot soon. Has anyone here had a steroid injection for MN? Did it work? How long before you were back running if so?

Please note, I'm not interested in steroid injections in any other parts of the body or for any other conditions. Just sayin'.

Thanks all.
 Mooncat 10 Oct 2017
In reply to Ava Adore:

My surgeon tried steroid and alcohol injections on mine, no use at all, I had surgery a few weeks later and I was back up and walking in comfort within 3 weeks. My surgeon wasn't very hopeful that they'd work but I had to delay for a month due to work stuff. If I'd have had the choice I'd have gone straight for surgery.

I don't run so not sure how useful this is but there you go.
OP Ava Adore 11 Oct 2017
In reply to Mooncat:

Very helpful, thanks. I'm reluctant to go straight to surgery if injections might work but it's good to know that it does work.
 earlsdonwhu 11 Oct 2017
In reply to Ava Adore:

I had some steroid injections... utterly useless so I paid to have cryotherapy done privately. It seems to have worked. The person who did it said he had treated lots of climbers and ballet dancers who squeeze feet into small shoes!! My research suggested that alcohol injections were so painful that most people didn't complete the course. Similarly, surgery seemed quite hit and miss.
Hope you get it sorted.
OP Ava Adore 12 Oct 2017
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Very interesting. How did you get to cryotherapy? Did your GP have to refer you to the private practice? Do you mind me asking, how much was it? And how long were you off your feet?
 earlsdonwhu 22 Nov 2017
In reply to Ava Adore:

Sorry to be SO late responding but I've been away and busy.

I contacted the Barn Clinic in Sheffield directly and had a preliminary consultation and examination. I think there is a FAQ page on their website.
I was back to normal in days... I think I had to wear open toed sandals for a week.

It's not cheap @ 1500?? but I have been pleased.
 Tim Sparrow 22 Nov 2017
In reply to Ava Adore:
About to have steroid injection to heel to deal with plantar fasciitis ( at the insertion point), so interested in responses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...