Ring of Steall Skyrace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tetleysteabags 12 Sep 2019

Hello!

Is anyone running this on the 21st?

I'm based in Edinburgh and can't decide yet whether I'll drive up Saturday early doors and arrive around 08:30 for registration, or book somewhere to stay on Friday night and head up then.

Anyone else considering driving up Saturday morning?

BedRock 12 Sep 2019
In reply to Tetleysteabags:

I did the VK as a day trip from Edinburgh. After also running the skyrace I personally wouldnt do it as a day trip!! 

In reply to BedRock:

Yeah I feel like the trip up might be fine but the way back somewhat more difficult..

DaveHK 12 Sep 2019

Given all the chat on the FB group you might be too late to get accommodation other than camping.

Post edited at 13:18
In reply to DaveHK:

I was planning on staying a little further away (~10 miles) where there's still some accommodation. The main issue is that most accommodation is £100+. I have booked a tent pitch as well and will probably end up using that.

Don't have FB so unfortunately can't see what's going on!

EuanM 12 Sep 2019

I'm doing the RoS, managed to get a place in the Invercoe campsite in Glencoe. 

Looking forward to the race/route but it seems an awful fanfare around the whole thing. Especially given the additional races that have been added. 

My first time doing any of the races. How has the local infrastructure coped in the past? Is it traffic chaos in the morning?

DaveHK 12 Sep 2019
In reply to EuanM:

I've done a variety of the races a few times and it's usually fine. There is a massive car park and registration is the night before so I've never noticed problems.

drunken monkey 13 Sep 2019
In reply to EuanM:

Its usually fine as the races are spread out over 3 days. There is a massive car park at the back of the ice factor where you'll get a space.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...