Recommend me some compression shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 07 Jun 2017
I've got a pair of cheap Decathlon compression shorts that I wear as undershorts for longer events. They're by far and away the most comfortable underwear I've got for running but they stopped doing them and I don't like the look of the newer ones.

Any recommendations? They don't need to be super de duper expensive jobs just supportive, no raised seams and a decent waistband.

Ta.
 SouthernSteve 07 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I have some Skins ones - the cheaper A200 type not the thicker A400s and these are fine. In more inclement weather I have been wearing them under loose 'waterproof' shorts to great effect! They seem to be lasting well.
OP DaveHK 07 Jun 2017
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Cheers, I'll check them out.
 Rampikino 08 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

The Karrimor ones in Sports Direct seem to be very hardy. I've had a number of pairs of them for a few years now and they are going strong.
 GraB 08 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

Another vote for the Skins ones. Just don't wear them on their own. Please.
 HB1 08 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I recommend the Skins too. I have the A400s for walking/running (lousy hip - no cartiledge) For climbing I've some New Balance (not quite so binding)
 Dark-Cloud 08 Jun 2017
In reply to GraB:

Just out of interest what shorts are people wearing over the top of Skins, most decent light running shorts have liner briefs in them which are a bit pointless really and offer zero support.....
 SouthernSteve 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I got very light Karrimor ones and cut the liner out, if not using the OMM waterproof ones. Not allowed to leave the house without one or the other!
 Dark-Cloud 08 Jun 2017

Cheers, i did wonder if i was going to end up buying some Salomon ones and taking the scissors to them, seems a bit wasteful though, can't understand why nobody make decent ones without liners for those of us who wear undershorts or our own underwear etc,
 guy127917 08 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I like the Nike Combat range a lot
 More-On 08 Jun 2017
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Ronhill do some unlined windbloc shorts. I'm about to order some to try over undershorts for longer runs in the mountains. Might be worth a look...
 Neil Williams 09 Jun 2017

I find A400s better than A200s which tend to slip down sometimes, but I've got both.
 davegs 13 Jun 2017
In reply to DaveHK:

I have a pair of A200 Skins and a pair of Compressport UW Trail short. There is noticeably more compression in the Compressport compared to the skins. Both are comfortable. The compressport are expensive unless you can find a deal, got mine from Sports Pursuit.

https://www.compressport.com/product_detail/uw-trail-running-short-v2/?id_c...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...