Prescription sport glasses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 inazone 11 Nov 2019

Does anyone have any suggestions where to get prescription sports glasses for running and cycling. Without making me bankrupt. 

Thanks

kevin stephens 11 Nov 2019
In reply to inazone:

RX Sport have provided me with excellent service and value.  They can provide prescription lenses for existing sunglasses or sports glasses or the whole thing

https://www.rxsport.co.uk/

Post edited at 19:27
 Harry Jarvis 12 Nov 2019
In reply to kevin stephens:

> RX Sport have provided me with excellent service and value.  They can provide prescription lenses for existing sunglasses or sports glasses or the whole thing

I would second that recommendation. Excellent service and prompt delivery 

The Potato 12 Nov 2019

ive got a pair from optilabs, their customer service is excellent also

https://www.optilabs.com/

Dark-Cloud 12 Nov 2019
In reply to Harry Jarvis:

I'm still waiting for my prescription to turn up after three weeks and that's after chasing them twice, some story about a QA rejection, not sure i will be using them again, but then again if something is going to go wrong it will be with me.....

Mehmet Karatay 12 Nov 2019
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

If they did genuinely have a quality assurance issue, is it not better for them to realise and not send you a faulty product?

Mehmet

mountainbagger 12 Nov 2019

> I would second that recommendation. Excellent service and prompt delivery 

Wow, the Bolle wraparound sunglasses, for example, can go up to -8...I thought I was out of the frame (pun intended) for cool looking prescription sunglasses! I'm going to do some research, thanks for the heads up

Dark-Cloud 13 Nov 2019
In reply to Mehmet Karatay:

Yes of course, no issue with that but it's the fact that the delivery date went over the stated time and they didn't tell me without me chasing

Harry Jarvis 13 Nov 2019
In reply to mountainbagger:

> Wow, the Bolle wraparound sunglasses, for example, can go up to -8...I thought I was out of the frame (pun intended) for cool looking prescription sunglasses! I'm going to do some research, thanks for the heads up

Funny you should mention the Bolle glasses - I went for a pair of those. They do feel a bit odd at first, because of the wraparound - peripheral vision seems a bit goldfish-bowly sometimes - but you soon get used to it. 

mountainbagger 13 Nov 2019

> Funny you should mention the Bolle glasses - I went for a pair of those. They do feel a bit odd at first, because of the wraparound - peripheral vision seems a bit goldfish-bowly sometimes - but you soon get used to it. 

What was your prescription (roughly) if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps that makes a difference to the peripheral vision experience? Mine is -7.5, which has previously meant I could only get small framed prescription sunglasses - wraparounds were out of the question, so I'm quite excited by the Bolle glasses.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...