Posterior Tibialis Tendinopathy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geordiepie 16 Jan 2022

I had the best part of six months out last year with an ankle injury that was eventually diagnosed as a Posterior Tibialis Tendinopathy.

This cleared up with the right physio but unfortunately it’s coming back this year as I’ve built my mileage back up. It’s not too bad now but want to prevent it getting worse.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who’s had this, particularly any exercises or other treatments that proved effective.

SouthernSteve 16 Jan 2022
In reply to geordiepie:

Have you seen a podiatrist and got insoles? Insoles are pretty controversial for many things, but they appear a good plan for this condition. I was diagnosed with a mild case after a mountain race in 2015 – possible misdiagnosis I suppose as I have done really well. I did do ALL the exercises the physio recommended, did get insoles and also did the exercises recommended on the James Dunne, Kinetic Revolution Site as well as more general strength and conditioning. I initially looked at a few internet sites which were very orthopaedic and it sounded so awful that I was very motivated. I have a more balanced view now! Good luck.

OP geordiepie 16 Jan 2022
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Yep all of the above, kinetic revolution is a good resource. I suspect this will just be something I have to manage ongoing rather than just treat when it flares up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...