Possible ankle impingement.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 03 Mar 2020

Over tge last week ive picked up an injury in my ankle. It right at the front where it joins my foot. It not ovrrly painful  but i and tell it there. I thought it was just tendonitis  but ive rester for a couple  days and it getting  a more tender and painful and im worried it might be ankle impingement.

I want to get out for a run  and i feel like i could mange shortish ones but i dont want to make it any worse.  It hurts worse  if i point my feet/ toes up

Any advice on what it might be. 

OP Shaunhaynes99 03 Mar 2020
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

I will also add that i will make a proper appointment  if it does look like ankle impingement

climbingpixie 03 Mar 2020

Stump up some cash and see a decent sports injury physio asap. They should be able to diagnose the problem and they can do marvellous things with mobilisation. 

Fwiw I had an ankle impingement as a result of post-traumatic scarring causing the growth of bone spurs. In my limited experience it's quite odd to get it doing both dorsi- and plantarflexion, usually it's one or the other. So I'd say it's likely to be soft tissue related rather than structural and the physio is best placed to deal with that.

OP Shaunhaynes99 03 Mar 2020

Yeah feel it on the dorsi but fine on the plantar.  Which why im not sure  if i should run on it or not. But  your right  i ahluldnt really cheap out on my own heal. Ill give it another couple of days rest and book into see someone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...