Physiotherapist recommendation (Scotland/Lakes)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 28 Sep 2018

I'm looking for a recommendation for a physiotherapist, hope this is the right forum for such a thing. I'm based in SW scotland but willing to travel a little if needs be to see someone good.

I've seen various physios and osteos over the years and would like to see someone who's proactive about training and not someone who'll tell me to rest a bit and then try and sell me some overpriced insoles. I run every day and don't want to break my streak but having recently upped my milage a bit I'm getting a few niggles and really just want someone to have a check over how I'm getting on and reasses the excersises I do to keep my knees from falling apart.

Dark-Cloud 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

Where in the Lakes ?

Richard at Kendal Physio has sorted me out a few times now with stuff like this, i can recommend him.

plyometrics 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

Graham at Bodyrehab Staveley. 

colinakmc 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

If the distance is ok for you, try the National Sports Injuries Clinic at Hampden. They’re trying to be a centre of excellence and their facilities include a big physio pool.

kathrync 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

If Glasgow is an option, I have seen Andy at Achilles Heel for this sort of thing.  He is a keen skier and runner and is geared towards keeping you going when he can.  I haven't used anyone else there personally, but my partner has seen Iain a couple of times and rated him too.

lex 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

I can recommend Richard at Active Therapy in Dumfries. He sorted out both the symptoms of my knee problem and my girlfriends' shoulder problem, but also gave us both exercises to address the root causes.

Can be a bit of a wait for an appointment, but I'd say that's a measure of his success.

Cheers,

Lex

Dave 88 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

Give Emma at Fellside Physio a call. Works with lots of athletes individually and at events so understands the mindset of active people.

https://www.fellsidephysiotherapy.co.uk/

girlymonkey 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Sharp:

A bit left field, but I go to a lady who is a McTimoney chiropractor. No bone cracking, but using soft tissue release to realign skeleton. Often niggles are due to things being slightly squint.

The lady I go to is in Stirling, but there is also  guy in Glasgow doing the same thing.

OP Sharp 29 Sep 2018
In reply to lex:

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I have got a wee list now

I actually booked in with Richard yesterday, given that he was local to me.  It's good to see a recomendation for him. Looking forward to going.

OP Sharp 29 Sep 2018
In reply to kathrync:

> If Glasgow is an option, I have seen Andy at Achilles Heel for this sort of thing...

Have you used their fitting service for shoes? I'm due a new pair soon

kathrync 01 Oct 2018
In reply to Sharp:

I do tend to buy my running shoes there, but I haven't ever used their fitting service.  My feet are quite straight-forward and I have been using Nike Pegasus for years with no problem, so I tend to just buy the same again.  The first time I was in there, they took a quick look and basically said if it ain't broke don't fix it - so I guess it's good that they don't oversell if they don't need to.  From what I have seen when I have been in there, they do seem to do a thorough job on newbies and people with more difficult feet.

alasdair19 01 Oct 2018
In reply to Sharp:

Go to see the physics in hampden national football stadium. They were excellent for me and very athlete focused.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...