Physio cracking lower back procedure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

On a scale of 1-10, how silly would it be to get my wife to perform this procedure on me by learning from Youtube videos? There are plenty of examples and it looks pretty simple. I am assuming there is probably a risk it can go wrong, or is it quite safe?

Went to physio who got me on the bench on my side with one leg bent and twisted me with a jerk using their own body weight. Extremely effective, satisfactory cracking sound and immediately alleviated pain in my lower back.

I know I am being an idiot and will go back to the physio, but wondered if anyone has tried this at home 

Andy Johnson 25 Apr 2018
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

What are you expecting here? For some random person on a web forum to tell you it's sensible for an untrained person to perform physical manipulation of your spinal column, guided by stuff they've found on youtube, and which was probably posted by other random untrained people?

You already know the answer. You only have one spinal cord, it doesn't regrow, and you need it to be able to walk.

Post edited at 11:55
In reply to Andy Johnson: "What are you expecting here?

I was expecting a response like yours, and agree this is the sensible and cautious option. Still don't think the procedure is very technical or likely to snap spinal cord though. So was wondering if anyone had an alternate view point or had cracked their backs themselves? 

An example is that I have often performed back cracking for friends by the bear hug technique just below their shoulders, and then picking them up and then dropping them whilst hugging. Very effective and no broken backs yet! 

Post edited at 12:03
 Dark-Cloud 25 Apr 2018

Doesn't sound like something a physio would do anyway, you sure i wasn't a chiropractor ?

Lusk 25 Apr 2018

It'll be fine, crack on.

The Potato 25 Apr 2018

no man just get an osteopath or chiropractor to do it for you, its not worth it for the sake of some moneys

Robert Durran 25 Apr 2018

> On a scale of 1-10, how silly would it be to get my wife to perform this procedure on me by learning from Youtube videos? There are plenty of examples and it looks pretty simple.

Like this?  youtube.com/watch?v=WOsJq9ld5oU&

> I am assuming there is probably a risk it can go wrong, or is it quite safe?

Looks safe enough to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...