not sure on these shoes....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 20 Mar 2018

https://enko-running-shoes.com/en/index.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvMu-1oP72QIVL...

cant personally see myself ever wearing these, what do you think?

Climber_Bill 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

My first thought "They'll never catch on". However, after the other thread on kit catching on or not, I'm going to sell my house and invest it all in this company. Spring loaded shoes; how could that fail?

Rigid Raider 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

Holy cow, my ankles will go over on a flat pavement and always on the descent from any mountain, no matter how carefully I place my feet. With those shoes I'd break them both.

deepsoup 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

I'm sure they're great for a jog around the block, but for getting up in the hills you really want a pair of stout walking boots.
https://www.zcoil.com/collections/mens/products/outback-hiker

plyometrics 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

Old news. These kids were way ahead of the curve...

youtube.com/watch?v=M3CwUkW5d6c&

Neil Williams 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

Isn't that moving away from cushioning a bit close to, well, cheating?

SouthernSteve 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

I suspect the force from running will end up somewhere else in the chain - mega weird though!

The New NickB 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:

I suspect they are beyond awful for any sort of proper running, I wouldn’t mind playing with some to prove it though.

Soneone on here recommended them a few months ago. I wonder how much they weigh? Not published, €299 though.

Post edited at 17:55
 ablackett 20 Mar 2018
In reply to Neil Williams:

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed in competition.  There was some kerfuffle about the 2 hour marathon attempt shoes as they had some springy carbon fibre in them.  They were judged legal I think, so there must be a rule.

cb294 20 Mar 2018
In reply to Neil Williams:

IIRC a few years ago Adidas or one of the other big brands got in a bit of hot water with some advertising claims about the energy recovery capabilities of one of their running shoe lines. If the claims had been true, the shoes would have fallen foul of competition rules, but arguing some piece of kit does not work as advertised is not clever from a marketing POV...

Whoever it was, it was well deserved.

CB

wbo 20 Mar 2018
In reply to The Potato:not much good if you're a fore foot striker  

wrong in so many ways

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...