New WHW race record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roadrunner5 24 Jun 2017
Rob Sinclair in 13:41:08. awesome!
 steelbru 24 Jun 2017
In reply to Roadrunner5:

It certainly is !!

I remember in 2014 when Paul Giblin took an hour off the long standing record ( 15:26 in 1989 ) with a 14:21, and everyone was amazed, he shaved a few more minutes the following year to 14:14, and now those have been obliterated.

With all respect to Rob, you have to wonder what time could be possible if Kilian or Luis Alberto Hernando, or Jim Walmsley, etc gave it a go. I know it's unlikely to ever happen, but I'm guessing it would start with a 12 ??
OP Roadrunner5 24 Jun 2017
In reply to steelbru:

I don't think it would play to KJs strength, he's not that strong a pure runner but I think Jim W would run 12 something. The man is just awesome.
 steelbru 24 Jun 2017
In reply to Roadrunner5:

After tracking WHW earlier, now watching JimW smashing WSER
In reply to steelbru: Paul Giblin is at Mile 34 in 5:47, Jims at mile 43 in 5:53. He's seriously gapping top runners.

gregor 24 Jun 2017
In reply to Roadrunner5:
On the bike going south today from Glasgow my average speed was way, way down, but I almost free wheeled home going south to north. Can the runners offer some thoughts on the potential time benefits of the really strong southerlies/south westerlies at the moment?
In reply to gregor:
It helps but not a huge amount, certaibly won't have harmed his run. A headwind is far more detrimental then a tail wind is beneficial IMO for runners.
 Michael Hood 25 Jun 2017
In reply to steelbru: In WSER, JimW DNF at mile 78 according to http://www.ultralive.net/ws100#tracking/overview

Also, interesting to see that KilianJ won this in 2011

tony 26 Jun 2017
In reply to Roadrunner5:

Obviously a good weekend for records - Murray Strain won the Lairig Ghru race in a new record of 2.58, taking more than 5 minutes off Paul Raistrick's record. He was streets ahead of second place.
 J Brown 07 Jul 2017
In reply to Roadrunner5:

I was a marshall at Inversnaid. He jogged through the checkpoint as if he'd just set off. At that point (34 miles in) he already had a 45+ minute lead!

Apparently he was out of Kinlochleven before runner two reached Glencoe.

Sensational running!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...