New Paddy Buckley record - Kim Collison

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mountainbagger 17 Apr 2021

I *think* Kim Collison has broken the Paddy Buckley record, just finished:

https://live.opentracking.co.uk/pbrlcw/?n=1

Andy Hardy 17 Apr 2021
In reply to mountainbagger:

Wow 🤯

George Ormerod 18 Apr 2021

Unconfirmed but seems to have taken approx 17 minutes off the record:

https://twitter.com/RndmForestRunnr/status/1383517580174888963

Roadrunner6 18 Apr 2021

Yeah think it's good. I was watching the tracker at the end.

I wonder if Math will go again. 

He's not taken that much off to put people off so it should be a good summer. Damian may well go back. He did it almost solo when he ran his.

Brilliant run though.

The sub 16 Paddy must be soon.

In reply to Roadrunner6:

I think I’m right in saying that Math had a failed PB attempt just a week (or was it two weeks?) before his own record, which wouldn’t have worked in his favour. I’d certainly think he’d have a strong chance at taking back the record given the current margin, but then again I am Math’s biggest fan...

In other news, Calum Muskett finished his Paddy Buckley on Saturday morning in 23:59:50 - 10 seconds to spare!! I paced him on the last two legs. The final descent off Tryfan was an absolute nail biter. There were several occasions where I was convinced that there was no way we were going to make it. We hit the road at 2:56am with 4 mins to make it back to Ogwen Cottage. The sprint finish is something that will stay with me forever - totally and utterly unbelievable...

Many congrats to Kim for his fantastic run too!!

Post edited at 07:37
Roadrunner6 18 Apr 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I heard about Cal, impressive!

Yeah Math had one go, upper 17s I think, but slowed off so went again. Not sure on the time gap but it was very close.

Nic Barber 18 Apr 2021

I think Math just missed Damian's previous record (by 7 minutes?) 3 weeks before his successful attempt.

Of course, The Paddy is the only one of the Big 3 where you don't *need* to break the 24h mark to successfully complete, I believe.

Post edited at 12:21
 ro8x 18 Apr 2021

Kinda more impressive than the FKT for me. I am not suggesting Kim found it easy or a breeze but it is always nice to hear of someone getting the job done against all the odds. 

In reply to Nic Barber:

> Of course, The Paddy is the only one of the Big 3 where you don't *need* to break the 24h mark to successfully complete, I believe.

That's correct, although at least from those that I know who have (and haven't) done it 24hrs seems to be the benchmark that people tend aim for. That said, I'm always impressed by the people who continue beyond that timeframe, as it must take a pretty determined approach to go on for any longer than what is already a long time to be out/about!

Nic Barber 19 Apr 2021

I think I know of someone who has a 24h 7 seconds PB. At least you don't get the mental turmoil of having to go again knowing that it's touch-and-go! 

Michael Hood 19 Apr 2021

That just beating 24hrs but having to really rush for it with not knowing whether it was going to be under or not virtually until you'd finished will have greatly added to the whole experience and will make the memories of it that much richer. 

Edit: I really ought to have a comma or two in that but I'm struggling to work out the best/correct place(s) 😁

Post edited at 10:19
In reply to Michael Hood:

Exactly.

I can't quite imagine how Calum feels, because even though I was just a small part of it I'm still buzzing. Certainly isn't a day I'm going to forget anytime soon - perfect day for it too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...