More Garmin problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 31 Oct 2019

My Garmin vivosmart is doing funny things. On Tuesday, the screen froze, so I had to hold the function button for ages to force it to restart. Since then, it manages to show all my details (heart rate, steps etc) as happening correctly, but any activity I record is shown as 12 hours earlier. The time etc is correct and all other times are correct.

Obviously, it's not the end of the world, but it is a bit annoying. Any ideas how to get it to record properly?

steelbru 31 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

The 3 things I can think of would be :

a) Try another re-start

b) Reset it to factory settings ( this will lose your personal info and any stored activities )

c) connect to a laptop in case there's any updates due

and finally if all else fails move to New Zealand then all will be ok

OP girlymonkey 31 Oct 2019
In reply to steelbru:

If I reset to factory settings, will I lose everything on the connect app, or just stuff saved on the watch?

I don't think this one can connect to a laptop, no cables other than the charger - does that connect it to a computer?

New Zealand sounds tempting!! lol

Dark-Cloud 31 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

You will just lose the activities on the watch that haven't been uploaded to Garmin

ianstevens 31 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

> If I reset to factory settings, will I lose everything on the connect app, or just stuff saved on the watch?

> I don't think this one can connect to a laptop, no cables other than the charger - does that connect it to a computer?

if it's USB, yes.

> New Zealand sounds tempting!! lol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...