Montane Cheviot Goat Winter Ultra 2022

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bog ninja 03 Dec 2022

The Cheviot Goat Ultra is currently underway , link to the open tracking website can be found here https://cheviotgoat.com/

BusyLizzie 03 Dec 2022
In reply to Bog ninja:

There is a little five minute trailer video for this race, on YouTube and also at the link in your post - picture of a girl with a head-torch - where the background music is "Cum dederit", Vivaldi, early 17th century. The combination of music and snowy landscape is is completely wonderful.

mountainbagger 03 Dec 2022
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> There is a little five minute trailer video for this race, on YouTube and also at the link in your post - picture of a girl with a head-torch - where the background music is "Cum dederit", Vivaldi, early 17th century. The combination of music and snowy landscape is is completely wonderful.

Yes that was amazing! I loved the shadow of the goat in the sun near the beginning. And two runners turn into two sheep later...that was a nice touch.

Got a 50K event tomorrow, not as long and won't be snowy but mud and hills guaranteed 😀

Oh and I'll also be running in slow motion 😉

Edit: just seen the tracking leaderboard and the third place finisher of the Goat today won last year's edition of the event I'm doing tomorrow! What a coincidence!

Post edited at 17:23
OP Bog ninja 03 Dec 2022
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I didn’t realise that was Vivaldi but then again I don’t know his work other than the Four Seasons. It is a excellent video 

BusyLizzie 03 Dec 2022
In reply to mountainbagger:

Best of luck! Enjoy it.

petemeads 04 Dec 2022
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Andreas Scholl's voice is so distinctive, a lovely piece of music!

And well done to Rob Greenwood of this parish for finishing joint 5th in the race..

BusyLizzie 04 Dec 2022
In reply to petemeads:

> And well done to Rob Greenwood of this parish for finishing joint 5th in the race..

Hurrah! Most impressive. It must be one of the most bleak and challenging races, starting in the dark and in that environment.

mountainbagger 04 Dec 2022
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> Best of luck! Enjoy it.

I did enjoy it thank you...it went well and I was faster than last time I did it so I'm happy!

I got caught out by a sprint finish at the end...it's not something I am expecting at the end of a 50K hilly trail event but other people put the burners on!

And well done Rob Greenwood... very impressive result!

In reply to petemeads:

> And well done to Rob Greenwood of this parish for finishing joint 5th in the race..

Thanks Pete, and everyone else who's commented.

After completing the re-scheduled Goat earlier in the year I felt the need go to back, as I felt like I'd missed out on the full 'December experience' that I'd originally signed up for. In addition to that, I just wanted to do it again, as it's such a good event, and the soup afterwards was the best I've ever tasted - so why not?!

This weekend didn't disappoint, with a little bit of everything weather-wise, from sunshine to showers all the way through to some sideways snow. The course was a definite improvement, with the trip into Scotland being particularly memorable - as was the ascent of Hedgehope later on in the race. The signature bogs were as boggy as ever, with the section just after the Cheviot being even longer and boggier than I remembered. It was absolutely unrelenting...

As always, it's the social scenes and partnerships that you form throughout that make it what it is. I had the pleasure of running with three other guys for a lot of it, then went on to finish alongside one of them, crossing the line at the same time.

Is there interest in a full write up? If so, I'll see if I can get one written up sometime...

Post edited at 09:34
 BusyLizzie 05 Dec 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Yes pleaee, a full write-up would be great!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...