lift to the snowy 3 peaks fell race from Merseyside

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PCD 23 Apr 2017
Hi I think as this is a climbing site, its ok to offer lifts regarding running here? I have read the rules and regs!
Lift offered in a van 1 or 2 people to 3 peaks fell race Horton in Ribblesdale this Friday mid morning, fuel contribution required..but there may be no lift back Saturday
 Rampikino 23 Apr 2017
In reply to PCD:

No issues here...

But why do you say "snowy"?
OP PCD 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

weather this week?
 Rampikino 24 Apr 2017
In reply to PCD:

A few cold blasts and wintry showers early in the week doesn't mean the 3 Peaks race is going to be snowy now does it?

I will be running it myself and I'm looking at the weather closely. I know the weather up there can turn crazy in a short amount of time (I've been in it when it happens), but I am not expecting to be building a snowman on top of Ingleborough.
 DaveHK 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Rampikino:
Forecast is for daytime temps to be above freezing on the summits and little precipitation so I agree, it's unlikely to be very snowy.
Post edited at 08:48
OP PCD 25 Apr 2017
In reply to PCD:

I wouldn't build a snowman on top of Ingleboro, it would be irresponsible for any competitor to jeopardise the good name and the serious nature of this race, and if I caught somebody participating in such a foolhardy activity, I would knock it over and report them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...