LAMM 2018 - Speculation ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ben b 10 Dec 2017
Here's a very interesting email snippet from Martin:

"What I am able to tell you is that assuming it is possible to hold the event, this will be a Mountain Marathon like no other and I'm certain that folk will remember it for many years to come. If you look back over the previous 23 years of the LAMM you will recall that the event has led the way with exciting venues, event transport and innovation. LAMM 2018 will be another first for a Mountain Marathon and I'm hoping to provide a new and really fabulous experience for all concerned.

You will have noticed that for the first time ever, the LAMM will take place on a Friday and a Saturday. For the time being I will offer no explanation for this, save to say that there is no other option if we are to use this fantastic area. For folk based in England, the LAMM will take place at the end of half term week, so this may offer some interesting holiday opportunities. For some folk based in Scotland I can understand that taking Friday off could be problematic and so my apologies to you at the outset. But this is too good an opportunity to miss."

I wonder if that reflects CalMac scheduling? We did the Mull race in 2005 which needed the ferry, as well as Ben Alder (steam train to Corrour) - intrigued to hear what Martin has up his sleeve (on the day before, as ever). Should be a great weekend.
Any ideas?

b
 Elsier 10 Dec 2017
In reply to ben b:

Yes very intriguing.

I also though it might be because ferries are involved. I wondered about Harris, getting the ferry from Uig. But it will involve getting an early Thurs eve ferry across and Uig is a long drive for most people. There is no mention in the email of needing to take Thurs afternoon off work. So perhaps not?

Either way sounds like its going to be another memorable LAMM!
 DaveHK 10 Dec 2017
In reply to ben b:

I thought that was a weird email. Exhorting people to bring buddies and encourage loads of folk to take part to make it viable then moving the date to a week day (and possibly a really remote location) which probably means quite a few folks won't be able to do it.
OP ben b 10 Dec 2017
In reply to Elsier:

Harris would be quite a coup.

A friend has her final munro party near Glen Garry o the saturday - hopefully I can get to the LAMM and back in time for the party

It's one of those occasions where the usual LAMM secrecy might be working against Martin's need for a big turnout. If it was e.g. harris I can't imagine many people would be there the weekend before sussing out te controls!

b
 Elsier 23 Dec 2017
In reply to Elsier:

Looks like I guessed right!

How exciting what an amazing location for the LAMM!
 Simon Caldwell 24 Dec 2017
In reply to ben b:

> It's one of those occasions where the usual LAMM secrecy might be working against Martin's need for a big turnout

Seems he agrees with you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...