Is there a free simple Android App for Hear Rate Zone training?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 montyjohn 03 Feb 2023

I'm really struggling to find a app an android that does the following:

• Connects to a Bluetooth chest heart rate monitor
  • Allows me to input minimum and maxim heart rates I want to target.
  • Warns me if my heart rates is outside these bounds
  • Doesn't drive me crazy with adds
  • Doesn't relieve me of any money (or at least very much money)

Does such an app exists? I've installed a few now such as "Cardio Trainer" and "Polar beat" but I can't set alarms on them. I've read a few that exist on Apple, but not Andoird.

ianstevens 03 Feb 2023
In reply to montyjohn:

> Doesn't drive me crazy with adds

> Doesn't relieve me of any money (or at least very much money)

Lets think about how these two are essentially mutually exclusive for a hot second.

OP montyjohn 03 Feb 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

> Lets think about how these two are essentially mutually exclusive for a hot second.

Every app on my phone so far is free and doesn't drive me crazy with adds otherwise it doesn't stay on my phone. Plenty do it in a discrete way, or take the Polar beat app as an example, that's free and has no adds because they want you to buy their kit.

deepsoup 03 Feb 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

> Lets think about how these two are essentially mutually exclusive for a hot second.

They're not though, necessarily, are they.  There are lots of apps available that do much more complicated things than that and are properly free.  (Though making a donation is usually an option.)  Besides which the OP doesn't even want it to be free necessarily, just not expensive.

I would suggest "myWorkouts" - but I don't think it has the facility to set alarms for low/high heart rate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...