Insole recommendations...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abcdef 17 Aug 2017
Noticed a bit of pain in one heel this week, which I think is probably just impact related as running on road/pavement and my current shoes are not the most cushioned/forgiving.

Can anyone recommend an insole that has a bit of decent shock absorbancy in the heel? Have seen plenty online but not much in terms of proper reviews/recommendations.

(small issue might be sizing - to fit UK13, and a few I have seen online which only go to 12).
 Dark-Cloud 17 Aug 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Well Superfeet are good but i don't know which one you would need for that specific purpose, but just a suggestion, if you are a heel striker, which it sounds like you may be, the correct shoes will be even more important, might be worth considering buying the right shoe for the job ?
OP abcdef 17 Aug 2017
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

its less about heel striking as such (shoes are apparently suiable for me) but more the fact that they are not the softest/most comfortable to run in (firmer midsole - who knows?), so just wanted a bit more comfort.

Superfeet have a running model, but not large enough
 Dark-Cloud 17 Aug 2017
In reply to abcdef:

OK, no problem, they are your feet

Try Sidas or Sole

steelbru 17 Aug 2017
In reply to abcdef:

Assuming the shoes fit you correctly at the moment with the existing insole, then you'll need to find a new one of similar volume. Some original insoles in running shoes are paper thin ( eg Hoka ) others are quite voluminous, so difficult for someone to make a recommendation as it may not be suitable and make the shoe too tight or too slack.
Ste Brom 17 Aug 2017
In reply to abcdef:

sorbothane
 Dark-Cloud 17 Aug 2017
In reply to steelbru:

My new Hoka Challenger ATR's have massive insoles, they look to be about 5mm, think they have changed them on later models, too fat for me, i prefer the 3mm Inov8 ones in most of my shoes, its about the only think that Inov8 make that doesn't fall to pieces within a month

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...