help finding a replacement shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mitchell1982 12 Jan 2013
I’m looking to buy a new pair of shoes for road running; I’ve been using a pair HI-TEC P40 since I started and have had no problem with them, but I can’t seem to find them for sale anywhere was hoping someone could recommend a replacement.
DGM 12 Jan 2013
In reply to weirdfish:
Vibram five fingers are the way to go, barefoot running is awesome
gizmo 13 Jan 2013
In reply to weirdfish:

I've never run in Hi-Tec shoes, so can't recommend a comparable shoe.

In general terms, buying a running shoe is like buying a rock shoe. The best one to buy is the one that feels comfiest. Go to a couple of shops and try on everything that you can be bothered to. If you go to running shops, you'll probably end up paying more than your Hi-Tecs cost you - unfortunately prices appear to have a direct relationship to running's popularity.

It would be useful to work out what it is you like about the Hi-Tecs (weight, fit, support etc) as a starting point. If you have problems finding normal shoes that fit (wide/narrow/shallow feet) then this is worth mentioning to any shop staff. I wouldn't worry too much about over/under pronation - some 'corrective' shoes can cause as many problems as they solve.

As a starter for ten, I do the vast majority of my running (both road and trail) in Adidas Kanadias. They're not the lightest shoe, but I find them really comfortable for my broad feet. However, they really messed up the sizings - I wear a UK 12 Kanadia, and I'm normally a 10/10.5 in work shoes.
OP mitchell1982 13 Jan 2013
In reply to gizmo: I’ve never had any problem with the Hi- Tec’s no sore feet, no blisters, no knee problems and I find them very comfortable. All my running is done on the road, at the moment I do 2 sessions a week of 11 mile a piece.
blossomhill 15 Jan 2013
In reply to weirdfish: hi, in the past I've taken my worn out running shoes to a running shop (usually use same shop all the time) and they've offered me the nearest, as in terms of fit, cushioning etc....to the ones that need replacing. Hope you get sorted
OP mitchell1982 20 Jan 2013
In reply to weirdfish: been looking into buying a pair of five fingers. i'm not really up for buying them off the web , does anyone know any shops in the south wales valleys where i can get a pair of KSO.
 hydraulicwave 22 Jan 2013
In reply to weirdfish: I've been doing a bit of road running in my Salomon Sense... Find them pretty good.
 Mark Torrance 24 Jan 2013
In reply to DGM:

Just in case there are readers here who are not familiar with the way that the Running forum works...

There is a little background program that cycles through a small set of statements combining the terms "barefoot", "five finger", "minimal", "born to run" and various superlatives, and inserts them within the first five contributions of any thread dealing with shoes or injury. The exact wording and position varies, just to keep us on our toes.

And I am, sadly, inordinately proud of that last sentence.
 Ridge 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Mark Torrance:
> (In reply to DGM)
>

> And I am, sadly, inordinately proud of that last sentence.

Don't give up the day job

Is this the correct point in thread to mention that the absence of orthotic insoles in cave paintings is absolute proof that prehistoric man never suffered running injuries?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...