Have you noticed this forum is now sponsored

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SouthernSteve 12 Apr 2021

Is this new, or am I very unobservant.

Supported by Beta Outdoor Sports

Post edited at 20:08
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Hey Steve,

Funnily enough I was hoping to announce this within the next few days, but figured I’d wait until our new sponsor - Beta Outdoor Sports - had uploaded their banners. 

Many of you will know Beta from the climbing side, not least because of their eponymous ‘Beta Stick’; however, they also distribute a number of strong running brands including Ultimate Direction, Icebug, Injinji, Kahtoola, and Moonlight Mountain Gear. Furthermore, they have a lovely bunch of people working there - several of whom are around on this forum.

We appreciate the sponsorship on a number of levels, not least because it’ll give us a good excuse to do more running news/articles, but also allow us to review even more high quality kit too.

On a more personal note, it’s nice to see running continue to play such a central role with what is - at least in name - a ‘climbing’ and ‘hillwalking’ website. Life would be boring if we just did one thing and I for one am grateful of the variety!!

Thanks once again to Beta, it’s great to have you on board.

OP SouthernSteve 12 Apr 2021
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Good stuff. I presume they will send me some free socks for the mention 🏃‍♂️

OP SouthernSteve 12 Apr 2021

> On a more personal note, it’s nice to see running continue to play such a central role with what is - at least in name - a ‘climbing’ and ‘hillwalking’ website. Life would be boring if we just did one thing and I for one am grateful of the variety!!

Running has definitely got a big place in mountaineering in its broadest sense and is a great way to enjoy the hills. I only started to get fit for the alps!

Andy Gamisou 13 Apr 2021

Now that advertisers seem to have returned, are there any plans to drop or modify the subscription scheme?  I seem to recall it was supposed to be temporary (or am I missrembering).

Jenny C 13 Apr 2021

Can you message me Steve, your account won't let me email you direct.

Cheers, Jenny

Post edited at 10:02
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

> Now that advertisers seem to have returned, are there any plans to drop or modify the subscription scheme?  I seem to recall it was supposed to be temporary (or am I missrembering).

Hi Andy

No, it was never the plan that the UKC Supporter scheme was a temporary stop-gap. In fact, we are likely to add to it over the next few years with more benefits. It is very unlikely that the price will go up in the near-to-medium future even if we do add new stuff though.

Alan

In reply to Jenny C:

Jenny, that is above and beyond - I was going to suggest to Steve that I sent him a set of socks*.

*terms and conditions apply - these socks may have already received fairly extensive use

> Running has definitely got a big place in mountaineering in its broadest sense and is a great way to enjoy the hills. I only started to get fit for the alps!

I completely agree with this.

There's a fine pedigree of climbers who run and runners who climb too. I guess I've always seen there to be a common interest between the two, which is the mountains (and a certain need to suffer).

Funnily enough, my main aspiration for 2021 isn't a climb - it's the Bob Graham. 

Just the minor detail of doing it now...

OP SouthernSteve 13 Apr 2021

No one needs to send me any socks!

Really. S

Andy Gamisou 13 Apr 2021

Good to see honest questions garnering the usual responses. 

Post edited at 12:04
 Neil Williams 13 Apr 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

What happened to the "fist with nut" logo?  The star is boring in comparison!

In reply to Neil Williams:

> What happened to the "fist with nut" logo?  The star is boring in comparison!

Well, it got a little overtaken by Black Lives Matter where the black fist became a symbol for that.

Alan

Neil Williams 13 Apr 2021
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> Well, it got a little overtaken by Black Lives Matter where the black fist became a symbol for that.

I didn't even notice what colour it was!

Fair enough.

Post edited at 14:48

> Good to see honest questions garnering the usual responses. 

Hi Andy,

I'm presuming the message above wasn't in response to my offering to send SouthernSteve a pair of my old socks, as that's far from a usual, which leads me to think it was a reply to Alan; however, I'm confused as to what you're trying to say.

I don't think that Alan was trying to be overly generic within his reply, so if you want any further info just let us know.

Post edited at 15:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...