Greens powders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 19 Dec 2019

I'm not a big fan of green veggies well tbh i hate them. 

Had anyone swapped over to greens powders is there any benefit to them say over a multivitamin ( which i already do)? 

plyometrics 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

No experience of powders. But blending green veg in smoothies with other stuff, eg peanut butter, fruit, dark chocolate etc is a great alternative. 

EuanM 19 Dec 2019

There's a big price difference between the premium stuff (Athletic Greens) and other blends (My Protein is the one I looked at). 

I think the big concern with the My Protein version and possibly others is there is no detail on the split between the various ingredients. They also use bulk fillers and preservatives such as soy and maltodextrin. 

Bags of frozen veg and berries in the blender with coconut water can taste ok if you get the ratios correct.

OP Shaunhaynes99 19 Dec 2019
In reply to Euan 

Yeah  very hard to find breakdown for any of them which yes is always concerning and there not cheap to buy hence why i was asking  if anyone had any experience  with them. 

The Potato 19 Dec 2019

Strange you dont eat green veg, it doesnt really matter what they taste like, flavour is really only there to tell us whats poisonous or not, they are important for your body sometimes you can treat food as fuel rather than pleasure, just eat it regardless.

The main benefit of powdered veg compared to a multivitamin is fiber content which is essential for bowel health.

I sometimes supplement with spinach powder and mix it with sweet potato powder if Im away for a weekend doing something active and have limited carrying capacity, shake with water to make a thick drink

However I do eat pretty much all kinds of vegetables anyway.

Post edited at 18:14
 girlymonkey 19 Dec 2019

Could you not just incorporate them into soups, stews and sauces so you don't really notice them? We have ended up with a load of sprouts, which aren't my thing, but blended into a soup with loads of other stuff you'd never know they were there

The Potato 19 Dec 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Oh man sprouts, sauteed with diced bacon and butter....

girlymonkey 19 Dec 2019
In reply to The Potato:

Presumably it's the bacon and butter you like rather than the actual sprouts?! Which is my point that you can disguise greens in nicer things!

The Potato 20 Dec 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Ha no I happen to love sprouts and cabbage

But also bacon

OP Shaunhaynes99 20 Dec 2019
In reply to The Potato:

This does sound like a great keto meal  tbf.  But then anything with  bacon and butter is bound to be a winner in my heart

The Potato 29 Dec 2019

How you getting on?

OP Shaunhaynes99 01 Jan 2020
In reply to The Potato:

Sorey for the late  reply took  a days off the forum. Well i avoided the powders and brought every differnt veg i could find to see what i liked. 

Turned out im big fan of green beans and spouts so just being throwing thoose into evey meal

Post edited at 08:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...