Earphones for running

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

So I'm not looking for the latest/wireless things.

I trailrun with an old ipod, not wireless/bluetooth, so am looking for recommendations for what I call standard, but yoof would probably call, oldschool earphones.

Criteria are: 3.5mm jack to plug into ipod, small in ear phones with something to help keep them in, with good sound quality.

Budget not a problem for the right ones. For what it's worth, I love my small in ear Sennheisers for everyday use.

What do you recommend?

Thanks, and happy trail running!

Jon Greengrass 14 Sep 2021
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

I find regular in-ear ones fall out, so prefer ones with a clip, I have a pair of Phillips SHS3200 still going strong after 8 years.

Pbob 14 Sep 2021

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HAETX30A-Earphones-Waterproof-Washable/dp/B00L...

I've used these for a couple of years. I guess the sound quality isn't exactly hifi but adequate for the kind of stuff I listen to when running. They stay in my ears and survive getting knotted up in my t shirt. Survive in a damp environment. I don't think I paid the Amazon price for them but probably would. 

The Norris 15 Sep 2021

Maybe not quite what you're after, but I cut off an inch or 2 from an old buff, which I then wear round my head and over my ears (with headphones in). It helps keep the sweat out my eyes and keeps my headphones in. I can also wear pretty much any model of in ear headphones and dont need to worry about the fit/hooks etc being the right shape. 

Does make me look a bit of a tit though!

Dax H 15 Sep 2021

I have a pair of wireless Jabra sport ear phones.

Not what you asked for but I thought I would mention them because of the benefits I find, they have a phone app with GPS tracking and they have a heart rate sensor. I'm a sod for pushing far too hard and running out of steam so I set them to give me my heart rate every minute so I can slow down or speed up to keep myself in my sweet spot. 

Wainers44 16 Sep 2021

I have the same issue. Old ipod,  no wireless function.  Personally I find a standard set of cheap ones work fine. Latest ones are Sainsbubs own I think. Because the ipod gets stuffed into the tiny pocket in running shorts etc, the cable fails next to the plug eventually,  so I'm not keen to pay for expensive ones.

The ones that absolutely don't work for me are scull candy ones. Fall out all the time.

thelostjockey 18 Sep 2021

JVC HA-EB75 BLUE Sports Ear Clip Sweat Resistant

I use these with clips round the ear and wire into your player; they are very good. The clip is adjustable but I get them on the right setting and then superglue them so they don't move when running. About £12. Hope that helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...