Disappointing Brooks Cascadia GTX x2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 19 Dec 2021

I love waterproof trail running shoes and love my Brooks ghosts, so got some Cascadia gtx for off road. After 300k the outer came away on one shoe and the shop kindly replaced them, saying they looked like new otherwise so manufacturing defect. 

replacmemt pair - I’m less than 10 uses in, and 127km, though of those ten runs one was 50km and one 37km. Other runs have been 5-10km. I’ve cleaned them every time they get dirty with a soft sponge and dried them out with paper towels etc. 

walk across a wet grass field today, instantly wet toes, the lining has ripped or something by the toes (you can feel it if you put your hands in). I don’t have super sharp toe nails or anything I’m sure I trim them as much as the next runner, so really disappointed in a £130 pair of running shoes. 

Any thoughts? Have the 50 and 37k runs killed them off? Is it me?? I’ve gave up on ASICS trail shoes before moving to Brooks, but now want to give up on these - what brand should I try next for waterproof ones?

mountainbagger 19 Dec 2021
In reply to elliot.baker:

My first pair of Inov8 Roclites, about 10 years ago, were Gtx and they were amazing! Lasted 1,000K or so and kept my feet dry for maybe half of that distance before the waterproofing gave up. My next pair (same model) lasted one or two runs before letting water in. Very disappointing! Since then I've just bought regular trail shoes and accepted wet feet. Even the first pair of Inov8 never worked in the heavy rain or long grass as the water just came in down my ankles and then stayed in the shoes, so I had to stop and pour the water out!

dovebiker 19 Dec 2021

I bought some Scott RC Gore-Tex trail shoes about a year ago - the uppers on both shoes have gone at the flex point on the forefoot which is disappointing as the rest of the shoes are OK. I’ve also got some Salomon Gore-Tex trail shoes - uppers are fine but the soles have worn down in 6 months from relatively little mileage. Seems you can’t have it both ways. Previously had a pair of Hoka Speedgoats Gore-Tex where the lace eyelet ripped through in less than a year which rendered them useless.

steelbru 19 Dec 2021
In reply to elliot.baker:

Another thumbs down for Inov8 - both Roclite 315 GTX and Parkclaw 275 GTX have started letting water in at less than 100 miles.

One of these is the traditional goretex booty, the other is the Invisible Fit which I thought would be better but wasn't

Pretty similar experience wiith lightweight Salomon hiking boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...